Glen Tavern Inn
Santa Paula Inn(Santa Paula)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$85
QualityInn
Ocean Gateway Inn(Santa Paula)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewshaunted roomjacuzzi tubhistoric ambiancewonderful historic hotelmodern facilitiesthird floorromantic weekendheart shaped tubno elevatorpet feesouthern californiatwo night staymin drivelarge rooman older hotelgreat place to staylate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2012

What a great hotel! My husband & I planned to take a tour to the Channel Islands National Park & had a very early wake up call . Santa Paula is very convenient & the Glen Tavern Inn is such a quaint place to stay . We travel on a shoestring budget & the room value is great for the money . --
We'll definitely go back again . We loved it !

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms which had the sink in our bedroom & just a standup shower - no bathtub... worked out great -- & worked great with our budget.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My sister chose this location for her "destination" wedding. I'd rather have a screwdriver shoved in my eye than go to a wedding so I went in with low expectations. I was amazed at the attentiveness of the staff and their willingness to fulfill our every request. They were even able to get the city to shut down the street in front of the hotel during the wedding and reception (we were on the front lawn). I have nothing but positive comments about this venue!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank weddinghater
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My daughter accompanied me down to a 40th Fillmore High School Reunion since my husband didn't want to go. Now why a hip, beautiful 22 year old would want to go with old mom to such an event is beyond me but she did. As a note, I've been familiar with the Glen Tavern Inn since I was a little girl as this was my father's home town & we frequently took my grandfather there for Sunday brunch after church. Anyway, back to a review. We had a wonderful end room on the first floor (didn't want to be on the 2nd floor which has some notariety for spirit habitation!) -- spacious & teaming with nostalgic charm. The staff was very cordial -- from the time we checked in, to the bartenders at the quaint old bar where we "shot" our way through the night while perusing an old high school annual, to trying to help us when my daughter needed a dvd player to view her theatre blocking (she's a budding actress!), to an unexpected light breakfast spread set out in the foyer & .... you get it. Just a very lovely, sentimental place to stay. Hope to stay there again ... Next time with hubby!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My friends planned a surprise weekend here for my bachelorette party, and we had SUCH a fantastic time! The hotel itself was quirky and fun with some great history, the food at all of our meals was excellent, and the staff was unbelievably helpful and so friendly! Best of all, we did the murder mystery weekend package, and it was a riot. Excellent performers who catered the show to the people in our party and made it personal, hilarious, and really special. We had a blast from start to finish. Loved the setting, loved the rooms, loved the food and all of the people. I couldn't have asked for a better time!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I planned a surprise Murder Mystery bachelorette party for a group of 13 at the Glen Tavern Inn and it was fantastic. The activity itself was great, but I was also incredibly impressed with the service and value we got at Glen Tavern. Monica was incredibly helpful with the planning, even though there was another event that she was managing that same weekend. The entire staff kept the event a surprise from my group, and the waiters serving our party in the private Houdini room even got involved in the charade, with fake names and the delivery of an occasional plot twist. The food at Enzo's was also fantastic. We weren't expecting much since we were eating there just in service of our event, but it was delicious start to finish. Several in the group were vegetarian or vegan and one was vegan + gluten-free and they catered the menu to both meat/cheese-eaters and the restricted eaters. In fact our vegan/gluten-free guest said the gluten-free capellini with tomato sauce and vegetables was the best pasta dish she's ever had. The cocktails were also fantastic. And there were no hidden charges - room rates were low, especially with the group rate, and the charges for dinner, drinks, breakfast, and everything came out to exactly what we had discussed - I was even allowed to choose how much gratuity to leave, which is so rare when you have a large group. The rooms themselves were quirky and comfortable which is a great combination. Overall, five stars.

Room Tip: Request a room with one or two beds in advance. The penthouse is nice if you want some extra space!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends