Glen Tavern Inn
Santa Paula Inn(Santa Paula)
US$110
US$123
HIExpress.com
US$248
US$211
All reviewshaunted roomjacuzzi tubhistoric ambiancewonderful historic hotelmodern facilitiesthird floorromantic weekendheart shaped tubno elevatorpet feesouthern californiatwo night staymin drivelarge rooman older hotelgreat place to staylate check
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed here for a friends wedding. It is a quaint little hotel with none of the common amenities that you would find in a larger hotel chain. But were it lacks in amenities it makes up for in character. It is situated in beautiful Santa Paula, about 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 30 miles east of Ventura. This is a great place to escape the noise and crowds of LA, yet still be close enough to society that you don't feel like you are staying at the Bates Motel. Also, it is a beautiful place for weddings, especially if you wanted an outdoor wedding.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I attended a luncheon meeting where the food was good but the chairs were cheap folding type and too uncomfortable for seating. I would never want to go to that room again. I was at a fixed menu event and everything was served nicely. It was a pasta salad with lemon bars for dessert.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Have always wanted to stay at this early 1900's hotel-it has had several owners and seen several renovations.
Our stay was very pleasant-not sure what previous reviewers were looking at. My niece was married there on Oct 12th-our room was old, but clean and pleasant. The desk staff was super-one fellow even tracked me down to give me a phone message. The wedding went smoothly and again, staff at the hotel was very effective.
To all travelers-this is an OLD building and not the Ritz. No elevators, so ask for first floor if you don't want to haul luggage. We were on the 3rd floor and it was lovely.
If you are looking for a vintage or even a ghostly experience, check out the Glen Tavern.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center-but the downtown is fun and has some good restaurants. Try Garman's for a good Irish time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

This inn was awful, it's really quite old fashioned which I think is the idea, but is in need of modernisation! The room we were given had stains all over the carpet the walls were all marked the bed sheets looked like they've seen better days. The shower was big enough for A child, both me and my fiancee are 5ft 8inches and the shower head came up to breast area, not great to wash your head. Also the rooms at the back of the inn back onto a train line, not good when trying to sleep! When we got back to our room after going out for some dinner that evening. I could hear dripping, the room upstairs had obviously had a bath or something and it was leaking into our room onto the light switch. Not great!!! We went down to reception and told them, they gave us another room but didn't seem bothered or offer to help move our stuff, a huge inconvenience. We then went down and take the key for the leaking room back, we had to suggest some sort of complimentary drinks which should have been done automatically to be honest!! The room we moved to was better but it wasn't the cleanest it had cob webs everywhere. The next morning the toilet blocked up and when you flush the toilet if someone is in the shower it scorches them!! Bad design! Overall it wasn't a great stay, we would never return! and this is the first time trip advisor has let me down, I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank mancehstertraveller
glentaverninnmgmt, Manager at Glen Tavern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Traveler,

I personally would like to apologize for your unpleasant visit to the Glen Tavern Inn. If you are still traveling in the area, or will return in the near future we would like you to give us a second chance. Please email me personally at dustin@glentavern.com with your name and the date of stay.

Dustin

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed at the Glen Tavern on the last but one leg of our California trip. The hotel itself was beautiful and the room was delightful just a shame there was no door on the bathroom. We ate at the restaurant within the hotel which was pleasant enough but nothing to rave about. They had a live band playing in the hotel which was a nice change, felt a little sorry for them as there were only six people max listening to them. My big disappointment came the following morning when they had no time for their guests as they were too busy preparing for a wedding later that day. This really let them down,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple