With the Ventura County Fair in full swing, nice rooms were either fully booked or priced out of my budget. To save cash, we drove 15 minutes east to Santa Paula to stay at the historic Glenn Tavern Inn.
The lobby looks like mountain lodge from the 1950′s, and the young staff members were attractive, welcoming, and chatty.
But all the charm ends the minute you’re in the room, where chipped paint, ragged curtains, time-worn linens, wheezy air conditioning, and a dirty shower (with sharp, rusty protrusions) await. Historic is one thing; dated and dingy is something else entirely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a unique blend of rustic charm and sleek sophistication at the historic Glen Tavern Inn in Ventura County, California. Built in the days of grand hotels, the Tudor-Craftsman style-landmark in Santa Paula, California offers guests affordable elegance. Whether you seek a romantic or family getaway, or just peace and quiet, we invite you to make it your destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and getaroom.com so you can book your Glen Tavern Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Tavern Hotel Santa Paula
- Glen Tavern Santa Paula
- Glen Tavern Inn Santa Paula, California