This was our first time staying in the Napa Valley area and we decided on this hotel because of it's location. It is literally about a mile to the airport, which makes it very convenient. The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff was very helpful in everything; bringing us extra towels, providing directions or suggestions on things to do in the area and when we asked for the closest location to a popular restaurant chain in the Napa Valley area, they were happy to help. Unfortunately we had a terrible experience at that particular restaurant (Mary's, which I've already reviewed), and when we returned to our hotel, they asked us how our meal was. We told them about our experience and the staff was more apologetic than the restaurant staff had been. We visited the pool/hot tub only once. Both are very nice but we were a little disappointed that the pool was not heated, given that it was indoors. The hot tub was very nice. Rooms were spacious and quiet and although our view was of the parking lot, there was also a view of a vineyard that sits adjacent to it. There is a free shuttled to the airport, but if you're planning on renting a car, I highly suggest that you rent it at the airport and then drive the short distance to the hotel. When we arrived we thought we could just get the hotel front desk to do it, but we ended up having to take the shuttle back to the airport and then renting the car there. Not a problem at all, but it did prolong things a bit. There is a happy hour from 3-6 during the weekdays in the bar. We didn't eat any of our meals here, so I can't attest to the food, but the hotel staff was great all around. There is a 24 hour business center on the first floor near the elevators and the pool/fitness room are open until 10pm. I definitely recommend this hotel to those who are visiting the Santa Rosa area for the first time and aren't sure what sights to see. The only reason we wouldn't stay here is because we would like to check out some of the bed and breakfast places in the region, but as a chain hotel, this place is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport hotel is just minutes from popular Sonoma County, CA businesses and world-renowned wineries. Enjoy complimentary airport shuttle service to and from the Charles Schulz Sonoma County Airport (STS). Our guests enjoy complimentary WiFi and microwaves/mini-refrigerators in every room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served daily in our on-site restaurant. Check out our on-site bar/lounge, indoor pool and whirlpool spa, fitness room, 24-hour business center, on-site 24-hour Pavilion Pantry, and meeting space options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport Hotel Santa Rosa
- California Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport Santa Rosa, CA