“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Mississauga, Canada
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and i booked this quaint inn for our first trip to wine country. The reviews were solid and we loved that it was surrounded by vineyards. We were not disappointed. The grounds all around were lovely for walking around and offered great photo ops. We booked a room on the second floor with a fireplace and again, it did not disappoint.the room was large, the bed comfy and they provide 2 logs for using in the fireplace. We appreciated that they encourage you to pick up local cheeses and fruits to have with your wine that you will surely buy while out and about. The location was excellent - right off the main highway - but still peaceful. It made heading out to the wineries and getting home at night easy.
We did book at the restaurant John Ash and Co and very much enjoyed the food, service and ambience. A definite must do for a night.
We will definitely recommend this place to our friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the fireplace room. They are on the second floor of the buildings so you can sit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Manteca, CA, USA
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We found this hotel through Travelzoo and are so glad we did! We stayed for two nights in a fireplace room on the second floor with the balcony. So romantic such a beautiful view…
We highly recommend it for couples looking for a special celebration weekend. The food at John Ash restaurant was outstanding! The prices were also expensive… But for a wonderful celebration you can't go wrong. The service was also excellent.
Don't hesitate to come to the Vintners Inn! I had never stayed in the more beautiful and accommodating hotel in this fine state!

1 Thank Manteca_Traveler
Pacific Palisades, California
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Not the romantic or even charming property we had hoped for. After living for many years in southern california we had not spent any time in the renowned wine country region. Our usual travels take us all over the world, so we were finally going to see our part of the country. From checking in it went downhill......not at all the level of service expected. When we went to our room it looked like any other room, the private patio was not private it was on a pathway where everyone walked and could see right in to. It had 2 chairs and that was pretty much it. The big problem was no fireplace which was a big selling point for booking at this Inn. I was told I didn't request one......how would I know I needed to do that, I have never been there ? They said I made a special request to be on the first floor.......? I said she specifically asked me which floor I wanted and I said whichever had the better room ?

I went twice on different shifts to the front desk to request a room change and was told their was no fireplace room available at that point at my price level. I went back the next day and requested again. Sorry we don't have one available . I explained again the whole reason for choosing this Inn was for the fireplace room. No offer to upgrade due to the mistake, nothing. Mind you we did not book on a special discounted rate or on a bundle.

Never got the wine tasting credits that I asked for at checking either. We ate that night in the dining room and it was fine. The waiter was not used to serving at a level you would expect, everything was fine, just not great. The best part of the Inn, which by the way does not include breakfast, was the bar. This area had the look and feel of a country inn which we expected. It was warm and inviting.

My recommendation is skip the inn, and do as the locals do.....stop by their bar before heading someplace else for dinner.

Room Tip: Make sure you request fireplace room. Also second floor balcony rooms are more private as long as yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We highly recommend dinner, breakfast and everything about this place. The bed was so comfortable, the soaking tub and balcony were unexpected and appreciated. The wine and truffles were provided to make our anniversary special, and it was.

• Stayed December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My boyfriend found a special for the Vintner's Inn on Travelzoo and we used the opportunity to take a weekend trip to wine country. I have been to Napa and Sonoma five times previously, but the was my boyfriend's first time in the area. We truly had a wonderful time. Our room was on the second floor of the third building. We had a fireplace, which I highly recommend requesting. There was coffee and tea service downstairs every morning. A complimentary 1/2 bottle of fume blanc was waiting in our room when we arrived. The room also had a lovely balcony. The bed was very comfortable, but perhaps a little too soft for more than a two night stay (there is a down pillow top that may be removed, which would probably help). The staff was extremely pleasant. We had dinner at John Ash on Saturday, and the food and service were top notch! The workout room was a bit sparse, but there is a lovely jogging trail on the property if one wants to work off the extra calories from all of the wine tasting! We highly recommend both the inn and restaurant for a romantic weekend vacation.

Room Tip: Second floor with fireplace
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you, you covered all the highlights and some questions that guests have. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, hope you'll come visit us again. Sue
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This property often offers special bundles on TravelZoo that include items like wine tasting and vineyard tours, as well as a dining credit. The value for this bundle seemed too good to pass on, and I'm glad that we bought this.
My husband and I had a great weekend road trip to this property, stopping by the Inn first to get our tour and tasting vouchers for Rodney Strong and Medlock Ames before checking in. The tours were great for both first-time wine country visitors (Rodney Ames) and the more seasoned (Medlock Ames). There were also tasting passes to Ferrari Carrano, but we did not have time to stop by.
Our room also included a 375mL bottle of Fume Blanc from Ferrari Carrano, which was a nice touch and an easy drinking white wine. Morning coffee service was featured in each building, including Tazo teas.
What really surprised me was the quality of the on-site dining for both breakfast and dinner, both of which included vouchers for this deal. The food and service were high-end, classic, California cuisine made with quality ingredients and skill. Many of the locals also told us that they love the John Ash restaurant, especially for happy hour.
The real test of a good property is whether you would like to return, and for Vintners Inn I can positively say that I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trippinboo
Worcester
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was our third stop on our road trip up the coast this past fall. We made our way from San Francisco and Napa Valley, heading into Sonoma Country. What can I say about this Inn except to Expect nothing less than Romance, Romance, Romance!!! Absolutely beautiful grounds, they have their own vineyard to walk through and the John Ash & Co Restaurant which is on the grounds, is amazing. The front staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. Our room had a door that opened to a little patio with sitting area. There are lots of vineyards around such as the Kendall Jackson Vineyard and it is close to downtown Santa Rosa with more shopping options and restaurants. My fiancee and I loved it so much that he promised to take me back for our wedding anniversary. I fell in love with this Inn and so will you! It is a little more expensive from other lodging options, but you get quality. If you go, make sure you walk around the entire property, the view is just beautiful and reminds you of Little Tuscany. Another tip, if you can go, go off-season like we did in November and you won't be stressing from the hot summer days and nights, and the vineyards will be less crowded.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room since the grounds are so beautiful, but perhaps facing the vi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suntraveler1977
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return. You did pick a perfect time to be here and the weather cooperated. April and May are also great and not as busy. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, maybe we'll see you in a year or two! Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
Hotel La Rose
#5 of 25 in Santa Rosa
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!