“30th Anniversary Trip”
Review of Vintners Inn

Vintners Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Top notch resort and the staff was very accommodating especially Priscilla Levinson the concierge. My wife and I were surprised when we opened our room door and were greeted by a junior suite with fireplace. Priscilla had secretly changed our room without our knowledge because she knew we were there to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Breakfast scones were to die for and Wednesday happy hour is the best with complementary appetizers. Jogging/walking trail is great. Will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are the best with cathedral ceilings.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

WE love this place. It seems like a small enclave in the Italian wine growing region. But in the USA. All of the staff are very pleasant. The rooms are very clean. Nice work out room and soaking pool. Walking trail along the vineyards. Just great. Loved the coffee and tea in the outer entry.

Room Tip: If you don't require a fireplace, the patio rooms are really nice. Private little patio off the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I recieved a gift package from our children for Vintners Inn, which included 2 wine tours and discounts for dining. Overall a great package. We found Vintners in very clean and well kept. Breakfast was great! Dinner good. Bar food very good, loved the avacodo fries. Staff were outstanding. The location is a bit off putting, in that it's right next to the freeway. There is a mile walk about the vineyards which was nice.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I booked a reservation at the Inn through Trip Advisor and found what I thought was a good rate via Orbitz. I booked a room based on the Orbitz description of a second level room with king bed and fireplace for $224.00. My husband and I were going to celebrate his birthday and really wanted a romantic evening with a fireplace. We checked in and immediately went to the wine tasting that was in the lobby area. From there we went to dinner. We returned to the Inn and took our bags to the room. At that time, we noticed that it did not match the description in the Orbitz add, as it did not have a fireplace and was on the ground level. I went to the desk and a nice young gentleman greeted me. He told me that he did not have a manager available and that he also did not have any more rooms with fireplaces available. He promised me that a manager would call me when they got in at 9:00 in the morning. The room was really nice, but we were disappointed that we did not have the fireplace, which I thought that I had paid for.

In the morning, we waited until after 9:00 to check out, thinking we were going to get a telephone call. No call came. I finally had to go to the desk and ask for a manager, who never even received notification to call me. I was assisted by a Manager, who although mildly apologetic, took no responsibility for the mistake. She then spent a great deal of time showing me the electronic information the Inn received from the booking company, which clearly showed me having reserved a deluxe room. She made me feel like it was my mistake instead of trying to do anything she could to show that the Vintner's Inn appreciated my business. The manager then asked me if I lived in the area and when I told her I did, she dismissed me with the promise that if I were to ever stay again, she would make me a great deal. Would she have offered me something else if I lived out of the area? Well, really, for what I paid for the room, it would have been nice if she would have offered to comp me breakfast or cocktails or something nice to at least make me feel that she was concerned that the Vintner's Inn was part of an online travel service that was misleading the public or that my visit had been less than top notch. I was really disappointed in the level of service I was given for a mistake that clearly should have been caught by whomever is in charge of their online reservation system, if it were being monitored properly. I wondered how many other visitors had been led to believe they were going to get certain amenities, only to be told "sorry, you really did get the room that you paid for". I believe I would have stayed somewhere less expensive if I had only wanted a deluxe room.

My husband and I live in the immediate vicinity and frequent John Ash, the restaurant on site on a regular basis. We are fond of the restaurant and grounds and were really excited to finally get to stay at the Inn. Although the room was nice, I felt like I had been a victim of bait and switch.

Room Tip: My recommendation is that if you decide to stay, call the hotel directly to make sure you are gettin...
2  Thank Kathyspike
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I again apologize you were disappointed with your stay. As we discussed in person, the on-line booking service gave you one description and sent us something different. While normally on-line booking is a great convenience there are services we don't contract with so misinformation is a possibility. Of course there was no way for you to know that unless you called us directly to discuss options. The hotel also doesn't know what misinformation is out there until we have a guest like you caught in the middle. Normally we would have simply moved you to a room with a fireplace but unfortunately they were all booked that weekend. I assure you we are trying to fix the problem so this doesn't happen again. Sue

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our upstairs Fireplace room was spacious with views out over the vineyards. Decoration was folksy but clean and recent. The semi-rural location was relaxing.
The restaurant was excellent.
The location is good and the front desk very helpful with surrounding attractions.
Coffee service was available in each building lobby.
This is a refreshing change from the national chains (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) It is very acceptable but not ultra luxurious.
One downside: The fireplace was a mixed blessing- packaged artificial fireplace logs were supplied which produced an unpleasant chemical smell in the room. Gas logs are much nicer (since real wood is so 20th century).

Room Tip: ask for view of the vineyards
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John N
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Decided to stay here on a quick business trip and forgo the Hyatt and Marriott scene for a night. It was well worth it. Quick and efficient check in, charming lobby, and a short walk to my room past a beautiful fountain and cobblestone sidewalk. Bed was super comfortable and the clean, well-appointed but slightly dated (think quaint) room was spacious and quiet. I slept very well. Yummy breakfast restaurant started the day off right. Location is close to the city center but just a 7 or so minute drive will bring you worlds away. I will stay here again when in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pdxhurdler
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you. We're so glad you decided to give us a try. Vintners Inn is perfect for the business traveler or a romantic getaway. We even have a corporate program for very frequent travelers so if you think this might be you, please ask for me the next time you visit. Our rooms will soon be undergoing a refurbishing which should lighten and brighten them. Hopefully upon your return you'll like what you see. We look forward to greeting you again. Sue

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in this fantastic place. Bed was very comfortable, and we had a fireplace and balcony. Not unusual, but not expected at the price. Included in our package were 2 wine tours, half-off breakfast, and $75 credit at the on-site hotel (John Ash). All the add-ons were amazing as well, including the toys at Rodney Strong, and Medlock-Ames.

The location is not convenient for Napa, but is for Russian River and Alexander Valley.

We will absolutely stay at the Vintner's Inn again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you. We look forward to greeting you again. Sue

Hotel La Rose
Hotel La Rose
#3 of 24 in Santa Rosa
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!