“Great Stays!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Orange, California
“Great Stays!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Vintner’s Inn is a charming and wonderful place to stay. I’ve stayed here probably 5 or 6 times over the years and twice in the last three months.
Service here is top notch. When my room was not yet ready upon my arrival, they proactively offered to store my luggage and arranged to have it waiting in my room when I returned to the hotel. Whether it’s breakfast at the café, special housekeeping requests, or local information and directions the staff always went beyond my expectations.
Rooms at the Vintner’s Inn are also special. Even the basic room beats those from the national chains –I stayed in one of these rooms last May. My stay last month was in one of their junior suites, which are very roomy and well appointed.
Whether your’re there for a special event or wine tasting, this Inn is something special. And with rates that are competitive with the two larger chain hotels in Downtown Santa Rosa, I would recommend that you stay at the Vintner’s Inn instead!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tax_Counsel
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
You are so very kind. Vintners Inn/John Ash & Co love greeting our guests who over the years become part of our family. Thank you for your continuing support and faith in our beautiful property. We look forward to greeting you on your next visit. Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Vintners Inn for 2 nights for a nice romantic getaway, and it was just that. It was a beautiful property with excellent service. The breakfasts each morning were delicious, and our dinner at John Ash & Co. was wonderful. We took a walk in the vineyards in the morning before our wine tasting excursion. Our room was lovely, with a fireplace, comfy bed and great bathroom, with one exception. We are light sleepers, and the thermostat clicked twice before each time the air conditioner cycled on. That woke us a few times. Also, the man in the next room was skyping with someone for hours, and we heard his whole conversation through the doors that adjoin the rooms (they were locked). Other than these noise issues, this was the perfect romantic getaway. I filled out the guest survey when I got home, and the next day I had an e-mail apologizing, and the rep said that they will be looking into the thermostat. Very responsive.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412, and it was great other than the issues I mentioned above.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We celebrated our 47th anniversary at the Vintners this week. The hotel is spectacular. The service and accommodations are over the top. However, our highest rating goes to the delicious food we were warmly served at John Ash restaurant on the property.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking the fountain and grounds are a great choice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Concord, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the place to stay if you are spending a weekend in Sonoma. Surrounded by grapevines, the view from our room was beautiful. Our junior suite was very large and recently updated. They have a bocce ball court and spa, but no pool. We will definitely return to Vintner's Inn!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. A pool may be in our future???? Next time you come back ask us what's ahead!
Sue
Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Enjoyed the location, room and restaurant. Excellent location for people like us who are unfamiliar with the territory and want an upscale and comfortable base for touring Napa and Sonoma. Would have appreciated a pool for relaxing after daily tours. Otherwise a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: All rooms seem well located
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Last weekend, my family descended on Vintner's Inn to celebrate our son's wedding. The hotel setting is spectacular, but more than that, our every need was taken care off. During the preparation on Sunday, starting at 8 a.m. in the morning with all the women getting hairdos and makeup, the staff were constantly in and out of the room with whatever we asked for--be it extra lamps for more light, to pitchers of ice water, tea, coffee and iced tea. Nothing was too much for them and it seemed to show up minutes after we called down. The kids worked with Denette and she was also attentive to their every need. The young bartenders helped us figure out how to pre-order food for the after party in the bar because the kitchen would be closed by the time the wedding ended, and we knew there would be a lot of drinking late into the evening. At the "after-after" party in my room, I ordered boiling water because I was so hoarse at that point, and in came the waiter with a big pot, stacks of mugs and tea. We partied on until 3 a.m. So many of our guests have complimented the buffet dinner and hor's doevres that were served out on the lawn after the ceremony. It was a perfect day in wine country (78F); I'm just thankful that the wedding is not today (July 27) as it is close to 100F and even in the shade, I'm sure it's not fun. Thanks to everyone at Vintner's Inn for making our special day a memorable one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much, it was our pleasure to have such a beautiful bride and groom and their families choose Vintners Inn for their very special day. We love to "Celebrate Everything", especially weddings. Sue
Agoura Hills, California, USA
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Got a Travelzoo Groupon for two nights mid-week which include two free wine tastings and $50 off dinner at John Ash plus two glasses of wine. Perfect local for wine tasting...great restaurant and beautiful and spacious room.

• Stayed July 2014
Hotel La Rose
Hotel La Rose
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!