“Luxury in wine country”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
New York City, New York
“Luxury in wine country”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent the weekend at Vintners Inn. The grounds are lovely, well maintained as are the rooms. Our second floor room was graciously proportioned and extreme comfortable....loved the bed and decor! Breakfast was a delight. We loved the easy access to the vineyards. Only thing missing was a pool; the exercise facility was not to the standard of the rest of the resort. Walking the vineyard was great.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank innkeeperontheroad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've stayed at the Vintners Inn 2x now - once just after I was married in 2007 and again for my 7 year anniversary in 2014. The service, grounds and overall feeling is beautiful and totally relaxing. I highly recommend for a romantic trip with your partner, rooms on the second floor have beautiful balconies that overlook the vines. The only negative I would point out, is that the rooms could use a slight style update and the fireplaces are not real in some rooms. John Ash's restaurant and bar on the property is also fantastic. You are right in the heart of wine country - can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: second floor rooms have a beautiful iron balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for returning to visit us for a second time. Hopefully you won't wait another 7 years to visit again because you'll miss our room refurbishing that's going to take place this winter. It's time and the owners are planning some wonderful updates. Also, we did just change over all of our fireplaces to electric. They are eco-friendly, look pretty good and we're not burning chemicals. They can even be used during our many spare the air days. We look forward to welcoming you back. Sue
Prague
Reviewed 11 August 2014

No website could describe this lovely place, with houses, flowers, fountain, hot tub and vineyards all arround. Althouhg this place is quite close to roads, you don't hear any traffic and almost feeling like in the country long distanced from civilization.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
How nice of you, your comments are greatly appreciated. I've shared your posting with the staff which always inspires them to be at their best and maintain the property to show at its best. Thank you, Sue
San Francisco,CA
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We hosted our daughter's wedding at Vintners Inn. It couldn't have been more perfect. The atmosphere is spectacular and our guests are all still commenting and complimenting us about the choice of venue. The service and food is excellent and the staff was spectacular. What a fond memory we will all have to cherish for years to come. The ceremony in the vineyards, the cocktail reception on the patio and dinner in the ball room provided a variety of settings that were all lovely. We had the after party in the restaurant across from the ballroom. Nobody wanted to leave. They had to kick us out. The hotels rooms are quite nice and situated close by each other for family and friends to gather. Actually it fells as though you have the whole place to yourself.

Room Tip: Junior suite is large and comfortable with a Jacuzzi bathtub and fireplace. That is the honeymoon su...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JamieU
Orange, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Vintner’s Inn is a charming and wonderful place to stay. I’ve stayed here probably 5 or 6 times over the years and twice in the last three months.
Service here is top notch. When my room was not yet ready upon my arrival, they proactively offered to store my luggage and arranged to have it waiting in my room when I returned to the hotel. Whether it’s breakfast at the café, special housekeeping requests, or local information and directions the staff always went beyond my expectations.
Rooms at the Vintner’s Inn are also special. Even the basic room beats those from the national chains –I stayed in one of these rooms last May. My stay last month was in one of their junior suites, which are very roomy and well appointed.
Whether your’re there for a special event or wine tasting, this Inn is something special. And with rates that are competitive with the two larger chain hotels in Downtown Santa Rosa, I would recommend that you stay at the Vintner’s Inn instead!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tax_Counsel
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
You are so very kind. Vintners Inn/John Ash & Co love greeting our guests who over the years become part of our family. Thank you for your continuing support and faith in our beautiful property. We look forward to greeting you on your next visit. Sue
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Vintners Inn for 2 nights for a nice romantic getaway, and it was just that. It was a beautiful property with excellent service. The breakfasts each morning were delicious, and our dinner at John Ash & Co. was wonderful. We took a walk in the vineyards in the morning before our wine tasting excursion. Our room was lovely, with a fireplace, comfy bed and great bathroom, with one exception. We are light sleepers, and the thermostat clicked twice before each time the air conditioner cycled on. That woke us a few times. Also, the man in the next room was skyping with someone for hours, and we heard his whole conversation through the doors that adjoin the rooms (they were locked). Other than these noise issues, this was the perfect romantic getaway. I filled out the guest survey when I got home, and the next day I had an e-mail apologizing, and the rep said that they will be looking into the thermostat. Very responsive.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 412, and it was great other than the issues I mentioned above.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We celebrated our 47th anniversary at the Vintners this week. The hotel is spectacular. The service and accommodations are over the top. However, our highest rating goes to the delicious food we were warmly served at John Ash restaurant on the property.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking the fountain and grounds are a great choice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
#7 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#6 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!