“Great smiles- great food!”
Review of Mary's Pizza Shack

Mary's Pizza Shack
Ranked #71 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful lunch outside in the sunshine! Brenna was a terrific server and my pesto tortellini and salad was great!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped here by chance after the restaurant we were trying to go to was closed. We were very surprised to find such a spacious restaurant right in the middle of downtown on the main street. Shared a small Hawaiian Luau pizza and as small Mary's Special salad. This was plenty for the two of us. Good pizza and good salad. Also got to watch the Seattle Seahawks win their game on Monday Night Football! Great place to stop. They have a large room for groups. It was a furniture store in the past.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ate here on our first visit to Santa Rosa as had desire for pizza, and were recommended to go. It was so good we ate there the second night. Two happy hours as well and great cocktails.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

A good family place. Dependable food, nice staff. Excellent bread sticks. Not a "great Italian" place, rather a good family pizza and pasta place.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I usually order a Piccolo Linguine al Pesto when I eat at Mary's. Tonight was the first time I was OFFERED a CHOICE of regular pesto or pesto cream sauce by our server. I was surprised by the OFFER since it had never been offered before & I asked our server the difference between the two pesto sauces. Not once did she mention that the cream sauce was an additional charge. Since it was OFFERED as a CHOICE, I decided to try the pesto cream sauce. I was very surprised when the bill arrived and the charge for the dish was $9.90 instead of $7.95. When I questioned the charge our server told me that any change in sauce is an extra charge. When the manager Sara came to the table she also stated that I should know that a change in sauce results in an extra. She actually told me that even though it's not stated on the menu that there is an extra & even though our server did not tell me there was an extra charge, I should know that any change in sauce results in an extra charge. How am I supposed to know this if it's not on the menu or mentioned by the server? Their attitude is shocking. How can Mary's staff justify this kind of hidden charge and then argue with a customer about it? Even though Sara eventually agreed to remove the charge & comped the Linguine al Pesto, having to insist that a hidden charge be removed from my bill literally left a very bad taste in my mouth. Unfortunately, something similar happened once before when we were overcharged for happy hour drinks. In the end, it's not even about the money but about customer service and business integrity. With lots of choices in downtown Santa Rosa, I'll think twice before eating a Mary's again.

1  Thank 53LeeK