“good quality and vegan choices”

Jeffreys Hillside Cafe
Ranked #17 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This little cafe attracts a lot of locals so there may be a wait. I like fresh and local foods, this cafe did not disappoint.

1  Thank Vietbiker

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a really good breakfast place and now can stop looking. Fresh local ingredients and fair to large portions equal satisfaction. Not a lot of added salt for the health conscious with non - meat options as well. Be prepared to wait on the weekend (not a big place) but get right in during the week.

1  Thank Megan W
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This place was delicious. I had the cheese blintzes. The lemon curd was amazing. My wife had the vegetable hash and she raved about it. She said the tomato paste that came with it wasn't to her liking, but other than that it was great. My son had an omelette and loved it. The coffee was good, and the wait wasn't ridiculous.

All in all a fantastic brunch experience.

1  Thank Justusbraz
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a breakfast/lunch café attached to a motel (Hillside Inn) at Hwy 12 and Farmer's Lane in Santa Rosa. I like to stop here for breakfast when I'm in the area. The owner/chef has developed a diverse menu of traditional and creative fare that seems to appeal to a wide variety of clientele - locals as well as tourists and motel guests. It's certainly not the cheapest place around for breakfast and if all you want is eggs and bacon, there are a lot of nearby choices. I did see a couple come in once, look at the menu, and walk out. But for me, I like the variety and the creative options when I eat breakfast out. Here, I'm especially fond of "Jeffrey's Favorite" - organic chicken livers with carmelized onions and scrambled eggs with chives. I also really like their version of Chilaquiles.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Fast service in a coffee shop environment. My three dining partners enjoyed their food---I had a simple salad with oil and vinegar due to limited choice options.