“Excellent, friendly, authentic Italian atmosphere and service!!!”
Review of La Vera Pizza

La Vera Pizza
Ranked #54 of 549 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were looking for a different restaurant but found out they were out of business. We serendipitously parked in front of this place and were quite pleasantly surprised to find out they'd been here for THIRTY years.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Wow! All we wanted was some pasta to carb load before our half ironman competition. I had NO idea what a great meal we were going to have! Everything was amazing, the garlic rolls, the pasta, and the service was excellent. We actually arrived just 45 minutes before closing and the staff didn't rush us at all. In fact, they encourages us to come back and try the various wines after the race to celebrate our finish. It was a great meal, one of the best ever!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

La Vera has some of the best pizza that you will find anywhere in the world. I strongly recommend their La Vera with mushrooms and pesto. It has tomatoes instead of sauce, and also fresh basil. The owners and their staff are absolutely wonderful. If you have a choice, dine al fresco.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stopped here for a bite on our way to Mendocino and discovered the most authentic version of New York Slice I've had west of the Rockies. The correctly sized slice (1/8th of a 16" pie), the foldable crust with its crispy rolled lip, the not-sweet and well-seasoned tomato sauce, the perfect amount of good cheese, and the high quality oil with it's reddish-gold color and tendency to drip off the slice when you lift it to your mouth. I could have sworn I was on 8th Avenue. (When I sample pizza, I only go for the plain cheese and tomato sauce pie, so I can't say anything about their toppings.)
Service was friendly, it was a nice day so we sat outside.
We live in Sacramento, but I can tell you we've honestly considered hauling over to Santa Rosa just for some more of La Vera's delicious pizza. Certainly is a scheduled stop anytime we're passing that way.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Growing up on Chicago pizzas, I was somewhat disappointed in the local offerings until I discovered La Vera. I think the owner once told me she was from Milwaukee...maybe that's the reason...but they make the best Italian sausage reminiscent of my favorite pizzas growing up. The rest of the ingredients are perfectly blended to create a delicious pizza, topped with fresh basil. We always order the biggest one so that we can bring home leftovers! The signature rolls served are tasty and soups savory. Anytime we've visited; big party, family, or as a couple, the service has been efficient and friendly. We've been coming here now for 12+ years and look forward to it each time!