“Good food!”

Add it.
Franco's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New restaurant. Opened about 3 months ago.
Santa Rosa, California
“Good food!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Love their food! Convenient to where I live so it is one of my favorite places to go and take friends when they visit!

Visited June 2012

Santa Rosa, California
“I really was expecting more”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

the food was average.. and I really thought it would be spectacular, so maybe i had my hopes too high.. had fun though

Visited January 2013
santa rosa, ca
“This restaurant is closed and reopend under the Fabiani's name..”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

FYI, Franco's closed. This was not a big loss for the restaurants scene.. Maybe for the owner
Last week it reopened under the name Fabiani's.
Not reviewed yet

Visited May 2012
“Delightful al fresco dining”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stopped for lunch on our way up the coast. We all loved the complimentary focaccia. I ordered the Steamed Clam Antipasti for lunch; it was delicious and just the right size for me. My friend ordered the meatball panini and liked it as well but shared the second half with my son who thoroughly enjoyed his ravioli. We shared the chocolate mousse. We sat at a table on the patio under a big umbrella and had a relaxing yummy lunch. Recommended.

• Visited August 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
“What happened, Franco?!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I were big fans of (the owner's) Fabianni Restaurant in the early/mid 90's so we were excited to finally try Franco's. We went on a Friday night with our 3 teenagers to celebrate my son's birthday, and were seated at a cozy table near the fire. The complimentary foccacia was a nice start, as were our ceasar salads with nice big shavings of parmesean cheese, but I am sorry to say that's where things started to disappoint. All of our dishes arrived lukewarm, as if they had been waiting a while, and each dish had issues. Our two personal pizzas had crispy crust, yet didn't seem quite done on top. My son's rib-eye steak while cooked medium on the inside had an unpleasant tasting char on the outside; my husband's gnocci portion was small and tasted like flour; my eggplant parmesan was so-so, but the polenta was barely warm, pastey, and slightly dry on the outside like it had been sitting on the plate for a while. The thing we were looking forward to most was the Tiramisu which is a favorite, and Fabianni's had been THE standard in our opinion. However, it too was a disappointment. This piece was lacking in marscapone and filled instead with whipped cream and maybe a little marscapone in there somewhere, making it a little sloppy. Tasty, but not the perfect ,succulent square of espresso/ladyfinger/marscapone bliss with just the right dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder over it that we remembered. I wanted to love this place, but instead it was just so-so. Maybe we will give it another try in the future and have better luck.

• Visited March 2012