“Not to be missed!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
California Rivers Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours of wineries and scenery throughout Sonoma County.
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Where to start? John, owner of this business, is fabulous off the charts! I have taken several of his tours. He could not be more accommodating-- he can recommend wineries, trip takers can recommend winery choices, or a mix of both can be done. And the lunch... I still dream about his frittata! John is the real deal-- only a local tour guide, who actually grew up in the areas he tours in, could provide such a fantastic experience!!!! I highly recommend booking one of John's trips ASAP!

1  Thank Sassycmc

Reviewed 12 November 2013

It was a great experience to go for wine tasting with my friends last weekend having John, from California River Wine Tours, as our guide. He is local, took us to great wineries, and prepared us a delicious lunch which included several tasty items from his yard: the juicy tomatoes, pickles and the fig jelly, among other goodies. His courteous, caring and attention made our day of wine tasting very special. Thank you very much John. We will be back :-)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

You must book this tour if you are looking for someone who is LOCAL and knows the area. John is fantastic. Super nice guy, very attentive, and answers ALL of your questions. He also has the most competitive rates in all the area. Trust me, I did a lot of research so if you book with John first it will save you lots of wasted time getting other quotes.

His lunch is fantastic too. This is coming from a group of 8 people who are somewhat picky eaters.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My group of 7 women were very happy with John's wine tour and lunch on a recent trip to the Russian River valley. He was right on time, right price, pleasant and felt like he was watching out for us as if we were all family. I was pleasantly surprised that he had our tasting fees taken care of at every stop and appreciated his insider-knowledge of the area. The lunch picnic he prepared for us was wonderful, just perfect. I'd definitely recommend his services!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We and two other couples booked John for a five hour tour. He was right on time to pick us up. He took us to a couple of wineries that we requested and then to a couple that we hadn't been to. We had a very nice picnic lunch that John set up at one of the wineries. John was very courteous and answered all questions we had. We had a great time and highly recommend John.