“Great Tour - Great Day!”
Review of California Rivers Wine Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
California Rivers Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine tours of wineries and scenery throughout Sonoma County.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I surprised my husband with a trip to Sonoma for his 50th birthday. It was a big surprise and highlighted by John's Wine Tour! We had such a great time. He knows so much about the area - because he has lived there most of his life; and everyone knows him. Halfway through the tour he set up a charming lunch of food he made, jams, cheeses and meats - and topped the bread with some great birthday candles. The lime jam from his neighbor was incredible!

The wineries he suggested were perfect - but he's flexible if you want to tour alternates.

I'm serious. Don't go anywhere else but California River Tours - meeting John was a highlight of our trip. It was a great day.

2  Thank ModPod65

Reviewed 11 December 2013

What a smart way to see the wine country! John knows his way around and took us to beautiful wineries with lots of character and hospitality. He also showered us with a generous lunch; the frittata (sp?) was delish! I would highly recommend his services to make your trip less stressful; jus relax and enjoy the trip.

1  Thank Kurt L
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Where to start? John, owner of this business, is fabulous off the charts! I have taken several of his tours. He could not be more accommodating-- he can recommend wineries, trip takers can recommend winery choices, or a mix of both can be done. And the lunch... I still dream about his frittata! John is the real deal-- only a local tour guide, who actually grew up in the areas he tours in, could provide such a fantastic experience!!!! I highly recommend booking one of John's trips ASAP!

1  Thank Sassycmc
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It was a great experience to go for wine tasting with my friends last weekend having John, from California River Wine Tours, as our guide. He is local, took us to great wineries, and prepared us a delicious lunch which included several tasty items from his yard: the juicy tomatoes, pickles and the fig jelly, among other goodies. His courteous, caring and attention made our day of wine tasting very special. Thank you very much John. We will be back :-)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

You must book this tour if you are looking for someone who is LOCAL and knows the area. John is fantastic. Super nice guy, very attentive, and answers ALL of your questions. He also has the most competitive rates in all the area. Trust me, I did a lot of research so if you book with John first it will save you lots of wasted time getting other quotes.

His lunch is fantastic too. This is coming from a group of 8 people who are somewhat picky eaters.