“lots to like”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
santa rosa,ca
“lots to like”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This neighborhood hotspot serves wonderful Italian comfort food and apparently a lot of people know it. The place is packed. The noise level is very high. The atmosphere is forgettable. Its one of many businesses in a strip mall w/ ample parking in east santa rosa. Riccardo the host is a trip. Very gregarious and Italian he reminded me of sylvester stalone.
I had the linguini pomodora which was near perfect. Homemade linguini slightly too al dente for my tastes (hence the near in near perfect!) but otherwise wonderful. My wife enjoyed a pesto gnocchi. I tried it and it was very good. Our spinach salad and dessert an icecream coffee thing served in a latte type glass were OK tho not great. This is where I believe more attention should be paid. That said the entrees were so good and the prices so reasonable that it warrants the four stars. Lastly they have an unadvertised free corkage on sonoma county wines. This is a real draw for us. There wine list is small tho well thought out w/ an eclectic smattering of reasonably priced wines.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank alan k

North Vancouver, Canada
“Hidden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was our 4th visit in 3 years. The staff are great, very friendly and seem to know everyone. It must be a local hot spot.
The pasta is great, super salads. Caution the bread and their own special pesto gets us every time, don't fall trap and then be too full to eat your dinner...... however it is yummy.
Everything is homemade and delicious.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Don't judge a book by the cover - go inside!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

You know, I have lived around the corner from this little place for 17 years and finally went in to eat on a weeknight with my husband. What a great meal! Definitely worth a visit. The service was great, staff very friendly and the food is all homemade and excellent. I had the tortellini and husband had the lasagna. Both very well done and flavorful. Salad was simply dressed with an excellent vinaigrette. The focaccia and tapenade were to die for! And all desserts were house made - we split a warm chocolate torte that had more warm chocolate oozing out of it with a cool vanilla gelato and whipped cream. Divine. Small place with a warm interior. Place was crowded - even on a weeknight - so you know it has good word of mouth. We will be back!

• Visited March 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Best food ever! And awesome staff! Must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

This one of my most favorite places to eat. The staff is amazing! And there food is delicious ... everything i have tried is truly good!

“Best gnocchi ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Had dinner here with friends last night and ordered the homemade gnocchi. They were so light and perfect. They reminded me so much of the ones my Nonno made that I almost cried. I had them with the Alfredo sauce and asked for a little dollop of pesto on top of that. Heaven!

• Visited December 2013