“Shut The Front Door”
Review of Tex Wasabi's

Tex Wasabi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tex Wasabi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
San Jose, California
“Shut The Front Door”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'm not too sold on the Texas BBQ mixed with the Asian flavor palate. We tried many dishes as this was our first time visiting Guy's restaurant. We ordered the pot stickers, killer egg rolls, banh mi tacos, miso soup, house salad, kemosabe roll, and the wok n roll. The soup and salad were very good. The pot stickers were so-so and the killer egg rolls were not so killer. We were not impressed with the bahn mi tacos either. The wok n roll sushi was good, they did not try and make it over fancy. The kemosabe roll completely threw my taste buds out of whack. We were eating everything asian inspired and then the smokey flavor from the tri tip just threw a curve ball to my palate. I think if we eating a BBQ platter and then we had that sushi roll it would have been ok. All I can say is choose your entrees wisely, fusion is not always the best choice.

The restaurant itself was very nice. It wasn't very big on the main floor. There was an upstairs, but I didn't go up there so i don't know what s up there. The atmosphere was upbeat and swanky. It felt like it was 1/3 night club, 1/3 lounge, and 1/3 restaurant. It had a small sushi bar in the corner. There are a lot of choices for trying out sushi, it would have been nice to see an all-u-can-eat option for sushi. All in all it wasn't horrible, but a cool place to visit if you are in Santa Rosa and a Guy Fieri fan. My wife and I try to visit places from his show, triple D's, when we are out and about. Not everything is off the hook from the show. Even Guy has to fake it at times on the show.

• Visited March 2014

Nebraska
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our group tried nearly everything on the menu (seriously). Everything we ate was fantastic and the service was very good. I was blown away when we got the bill, it was far less than I expected. Great value overall.

Visited March 2014
California
“VERY disappointing”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went for Happy Hour with the intention of staying for dinner. I was greeted by the hostess who said "you haven't been here in a while". What??? I know it is good hospitality policy to try to remember guests but never mind "a while" - we had never been there before! I said we were there for Happy Hour and she asked if we wanted to sit at the bar. That would have been fine except the bar was fully occupied! We got a table in the bar area and she gave us two regular menus and the regular drink menu but no Happy Hour menu. We waited. And waited. And waited. No service. My husband finally went up to the bar and asked for a Happy Hour menu and the bartender looked startled that we asked. We waited. And waited. And waited. Finally my husband went to the bar AGAIN and asked if could be served. The bartender said she would be "right there". We waited. And waited. And waited. Finally a different bartender came and took our order, but it had been almost 1/2 hour. We had one drink and left.

• Visited February 2014
Ukiah, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Take it Back"”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a business meeting with a group of co-workers, someone said how about "Tex Wasabi's" Since this was my 1st trip I was on board. I ordered the Tri-Tip sandwich. I knew I was in trouble when it arrived. The meat was light brown and was so fatty that it curled so bad that the bread could not lay flat. Rather than pick-up the sandwich I cut a small piece and tried it. It was so nervy that I had to carefully remove it from my mouth with my napkin. I waited until the server came by to tell her I could not eat this. She took it away and came back with a good salad. Three of us ordered the same plate and only one person ate hers. This is the 1st time I sent something back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dorothea W
“Service was awful!! ”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to mendocino. We ordered a few apps the sticky calamari, buttermilk pickles and then the spyderman roll. The calamari and the pickles were good. The roll was eh.. The seaweed paper was extremely tough, the rice way over cooked the soft shell crab did not taste fresh at all. The service was awful. We had two young girls that were more worried about visiting with their friends then to serve us. Very disappointed.