“What a story!!!”
Review of Worth Our Weight

Worth Our Weight
Reserve with OpenTable
Worth Our Weight is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Worth Our Weight is a culinary apprentice program for under-served youth. Our restaurant is open for brunch on Sundays only. Reservations available on Open Table. We also cater.
Santa Rosa, California
“What a story!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We know the story behind this place so the family and I went for breakfast one Saturday morning. WOW is right. Great service, food was excellent and the value is outstanding. We dropped a $45 'donation' for their service and great food (2 adults and 2 small kids who split a meal plus coffee and juice). Go there, enjoy and know you are contributing to a wonderful cause in Sonoma County if not the USA or world.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank kmbyopie

Seattle, Washington
“An amazing start to the day, with solid food”
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

We came in for brunch, and the 6 of us enjoyed our meals, and walked away feeling good. I had a very well prepared eggs benedict, yum. I understand that the restaurant trains young adults and teens, who experience significant hardship or adversity, culinary skills and food service training. The food was good, the service was great, and when I'm in town next, I plan on stopping by. At the end of the meal, you are given an envelope to pay what you would like (like a donation), so make sure to bring cash or check. Overall, outstanding experience.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Stephen S
Stockton, California
“A stop worth finding!”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of finding this quint, hard to find, culinary special restaurant. This restaurant employees students who are getting first hand education in the art of cooking, serving and presentation of brunch specialties. The service and food were very good. The hours of operation are only Saturday 9-2 and Sundays 9-1. Recommend you call ahead to make reservations as space is limited. Charges are a donation based on the customer perception of quality of food, presentation and service. I would recommend this stop to anyone passing through Santa Rosa.

2 Thank Richard H
Southern Oregon
“A Dream Come True.”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I've wanted to be a part of the WOW legacy and I finally got my chance! The students cooking and serving were SO polite and kind. The food was simple and authentic. We were humbled to donate the cost of our food - they don't charge prices. They allow you to decide what to give.

There are cooks on this globe with dying passions for their work; they should meet and eat at WOW to rekindle the fire.

Best breakfast I've had outside of my own home in years.

Go and give them a huge donation so they can keep up the incredible program!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mandyanapolis
San Jose, California
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Here's the bottom line: the food is excellent. Even if you don't get the part about helping these once-troubled but deserving youth to find a career path in the culinary arts, you just have to try this place. Service is great, food is great and you decide how much it was worth as your bill is 100% up to you to decide upon when you're done.

But if you do have a soul and want to add some good karma to your portfolio, you'll get even more satisfaction in knowing that your meal donation was something that was going towards helping these youths to find a better path in life. I would eat here every week if I could.

Visited October 2012