“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Northern California
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel is immaculate--the room, the lobby and hallways, and the grounds are all beautifully kept.

My room was very comfortable...full size refrigerator, 2-burner stovetop, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, large flat-screen TV, even a water purifier on the kitchen sink. The bed was very comfortable with a generous pile of pillows. Best of all, it was spotless. (I dropped an ice cube under the toe kick in the kitchen, went searching for it...found the ice cube but not a speck of dust.)

The lobby is small but adequate, and the exterior is landscaped beautifully, with lots of trees, shade, grassy areas.

The manager and staff were warm and welcoming, happy to answer questions and make sure we had everything we needed.

I'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a canine friend, you might want a room on the first floor or near the e...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Jan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and beautifully landscaped. As well, it is so great to know that your room was comfortable, you enjoyed all of the amenities we had to offer and you liked our friendly, helpful staff. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us!

Thank you again for your review of Santa Rosa North its nice to hear positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Best thing was the full sized refrigerator, stove top, kitchen sink, microwave. Few cooking utensils (not a lot). Comfortable bed. Not too much noise. Breakfast had oranges, apples, Quaker granola bars, oatmeal packets, coffee, tea, packaged muffins-- I usually skipped it and cooked in my room. Worst thing was smoking around all entrances, occasionally came into non smoking hall. OK jogging on the bike path and in the neighborhoods up the hill. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that having the full-size refrigerator and the stove-top was helpful for you. Still, I am sorry for the slight smoke odor in the halls. Our maintenance staff is currently working to eliminate this issue.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

No room service. Supplied breakfast is a joke. No front desk staff almost never. So no one to speak with. I had to wait 15 minutes alone in the lobby for anyone to show up to check me in. Then a non English speaking sleepy lady pushed several sets of keys to me for me to ID mine.
Not a good place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait to be checked-in to our hotel. As well, I am very disheartened that you did not enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast we provide each morning and that our staff did not inform you of our cleaning policies. Please know, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests staying more than 8 nights. Guests can request cleaning in between this or for shorter stays, for an additional small fee.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Rancho Cucamonga, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Booked and stayed in this hotel upon recommendation...., Never Again! This facility is nothing more than a multi-story "Trailer Park". There is no daily "Housekeeping". If you want "housekeeping", you must pay extra. All amenities have a cost factor. "Continental Bkfst" consists of one coffee urn in the lobby, day old muffins from "Smart and Final", and fresh fruit that was fresh a week ago. Lobby closes approx. 10PM and opens approx. 8AM the following morning. There is no receipt provided upon check-out. I highly advise to "STAY AWAY" from this facility.

Room Tip: Another Hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not have a good stay. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am making sure that my front desk explains everything upon check in . Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Willits
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

The room we had was on the second floor in back away from traffic. Stayed three nights just for R&R, and went to Safari West which is nearby. Our room was clean, nicely decorated with a great little kitchen to fix breakfast and evening snacks. The kitchen had a stove, microwave, refrigerator, and sink.... no dishwasher or oven which was not a problem for us. We did purchase a few items such as paper towels, dish soap, sponge, and hair shampoo. They have a run & go breakfast.. but is mostly package processed food, and we brought our food anyway. We were not disturbed by other people nearby. Great Wifi was a treat for us. The place has a good parking lot with several secure doors to enter the building, and is easy to get on and off the freeway for traveling around the area. All in all we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: rooms on top floor and in back are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

The furniture was pretty old and the room has a depressing feeling. On the first night , i was given a room right in front of the lift and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep whole night as i could hear the lift door open and close. Worst part is in the room , i found a sock from the previous hotel guest .
Overall is ok but if given a chance i wont want to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found a sock from previous guest. To prevent this from happening again, my team is checking twice to make sure they get everything. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Campbell, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a very reasonably-priced room that is located just South of the Russian River wine region.

It is about 15 minutes from Healdsburg and 10 from downtown Santa Rosa.

The Hilton nearby has a very nice restaurant for breakfast or after dinner drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that the price was reasonable for you and that our location is convenient for visiting local wineries. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.