“Horrible Staff (Marla)”

Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 1:30pm. Because our confirmation email didn't list when the check-in time was, so we decided to try and check in. The front desk person, Marla, was very ill mannered and unhelpful. She told us very rudely that the check in time was not until 3. When we told her we were pressed for time to attend a wedding that afternoon and very politely asked her if there was any possibility we would be accommodated, she started being very defensive and told us there was no chance. When we returned at 3, another person (Rebekah) was extremely polite and helpful; however, when Rebekah was assisting with our check-in process, Marla kept interrupting us asking her how to clean one of the facilities and also if Rebekah had clocked her (Marla) out yet. We were all very uncomfortable with the situation.

Again, the next morning when we came down for the grab and go breakfast, while we were standing there deciding what to get, Marla started bringing everything into the staff breakroom. Even when we were getting some coffee, she took the tray with the creamers and sweeteners into the breakroom. We had to ask for permission to get them in there. After we were done, while walking down the hallway, I could hear her slam the breakroom door.

Overall, it was a very bad experience. I would not stay in any of your Extended Stay hotels and/or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ting H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The attitude you described is certainly not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am talking to each front desk staff regarding the importance of being attentive to the guests' needs and making the guests feel more at home. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me directly at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank bearwittus
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Reviewed 3 June 2013

When we asked if we could check in early, as weary travellers are wont to do and are usually accommodated, the front desk clerk laughed in my face. This set the tone for a poor visit. The room was fine - the freezer was filthy and someone else's personal belongings were left, but we weren't cooking and it didn't affect us. In the morning when attempting to shower, I found no shampoo or conditioner. I called guest services, who rudely announced the hotel doesn't carry conditioner and I would have to get shampoo from the desk. I just showered with bar soap and got out of that hotel as quickly as possible. NOT worth $120 a night. Rudest staff I have ever eencountered in all my days of travelling.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not communicate to you properly that we do offer some amenities behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, I am truly sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs appropriately during your stay. Using your review as an example, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I booked this hotel online through Expedia's "blind booking" in order to get a better rate. We were only there one night and had no need for the kitchen services, so I can't comment on that. The room was dark, smelled like a mixture of old cigarette smoke and boiled cabbage (a non-smoking room). There was hair in the sink and we kept our shoes on as the carpet looked disgusting. We had to ask for shampoo etc at the front desk. In the hallway lay a dirty sppon and piece of food - which remained throughout our stay. In the elevator lay a dirty rag - which also remained untouched. The accommodations provided motivation to go explore the area as we avoided our room as much as possible. They had a "grab and go" breakfast which was okay - but the woman supplying it was so horribly sick with a bad cold, that we didn't go near it. We won't be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank shopping2011
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you found your room to be unclean and had a slight odor of smoke. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Still, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the area surrounding it.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel is immaculate--the room, the lobby and hallways, and the grounds are all beautifully kept.

My room was very comfortable...full size refrigerator, 2-burner stovetop, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, large flat-screen TV, even a water purifier on the kitchen sink. The bed was very comfortable with a generous pile of pillows. Best of all, it was spotless. (I dropped an ice cube under the toe kick in the kitchen, went searching for it...found the ice cube but not a speck of dust.)

The lobby is small but adequate, and the exterior is landscaped beautifully, with lots of trees, shade, grassy areas.

The manager and staff were warm and welcoming, happy to answer questions and make sure we had everything we needed.

I'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a canine friend, you might want a room on the first floor or near the e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Jan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and beautifully landscaped. As well, it is so great to know that your room was comfortable, you enjoyed all of the amenities we had to offer and you liked our friendly, helpful staff. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us!

Thank you again for your review of Santa Rosa North its nice to hear positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Best thing was the full sized refrigerator, stove top, kitchen sink, microwave. Few cooking utensils (not a lot). Comfortable bed. Not too much noise. Breakfast had oranges, apples, Quaker granola bars, oatmeal packets, coffee, tea, packaged muffins-- I usually skipped it and cooked in my room. Worst thing was smoking around all entrances, occasionally came into non smoking hall. OK jogging on the bike path and in the neighborhoods up the hill. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that having the full-size refrigerator and the stove-top was helpful for you. Still, I am sorry for the slight smoke odor in the halls. Our maintenance staff is currently working to eliminate this issue.

Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

No room service. Supplied breakfast is a joke. No front desk staff almost never. So no one to speak with. I had to wait 15 minutes alone in the lobby for anyone to show up to check me in. Then a non English speaking sleepy lady pushed several sets of keys to me for me to ID mine.
Not a good place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait to be checked-in to our hotel. As well, I am very disheartened that you did not enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast we provide each morning and that our staff did not inform you of our cleaning policies. Please know, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests staying more than 8 nights. Guests can request cleaning in between this or for shorter stays, for an additional small fee.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.