“Not on the Scenic Route”

Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed here during a wine barrel tasting weekend. It was kind of a buzz kill to come home from a day in the vineyards to what is essentially an aging hotel along a commercial strip. The staff was pleasant, and our room was clean and tidy each day. My biggest complaint is the continental breakfast. Both mornings there were more guests than food, so we never got anything. One particularly obnoxious group drove everyone else out. We instead walked across the parking lot to The Farmhouse next door. Great menu and great prices. There are 50 different omlettes w/ the fixings for $10.95. And you could eat in peace, with all the coffee fillings you want.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank S0CalTraveler

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Hotel is of older vintage, located on the old highway before the 101 freeway was pushed through. I had a nice stay there and would stay there again next time in Santa Rosa. Staff was courteous and competent in handling a walk-in customer, and I am sure they would handle reservations made through Choice Hotel's central reservation system, even if they appear to have problems with hotel-made reservations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This place is located strategically if you want to tour Napa and Sonoma Wine country. The Hotel is simple and a little out of date. Rooms a re average size and quite. You can get a good nights sleep. Breakfast is OK, though the Breakfast Room is pretty poor.

Room Tip: Right next to the 101, McD, Starbucks and other shops
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The rooms definantly match the price, but as soon as there's an issue with cancellation, the staff played the agree game and followed it by doing nothing. Ultimately we phoned the facility manager and it took 2 days to resolve our issue.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

2 couples traveling together,1 car.Made the reservation on 7-5-11 for 9-14-11 they still could not give me a bottom floor room, what I requested.Blamed it on the person not there,"He forgot to write it down"We arrived at 3pm parking lot had 5 cars in it, I know everyone who booked was'nt checked in yet, so why not trade a room and accomadate the FIRST one to book??They made the mistake but would not give me a bottom room,both men in the party have breathing issues and they have no elevator.All the manager (Roger Patel)said was "Sorry"
Later after I stormed off very pissed with no help what's so ever, Roger Patel told my brother-in-law "tell her I will cancell her reservation"did I say 2 couples 1 car????What an idiot,and he is the manager!!Don't stay here.no food in the morning either on that point it's first come first and only to eat.Beds are awfull,if you have a dog you will love it!!!Worst management skills I have ever encountered. Just to make himself feel better he told my brother-in-law"I called my corp. and I am in the right" OK your whole company needs a big pat on the back because I am not going to just go away I will let EVERYONE I can know how you treat people,how you JUST don't care if we come back or not,I will let it be known on every website there is, I read these before I book a trip and so do all my friends and there friends and there friends and so on and so on..................

Room Tip: our room had a roof out the window an A frame so it covered whatever view there was.Yeapppp just an...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nolodge3
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We were in town for the marathon. This hotel should be avoided. When we asked for more towels, we were told to "come down and get them." This place is in serious need of updating..old linens, thin towels, dirty carpets. Breakfast was stingy, less than minimal, and not very well attended. We will not be back, and in fact will choose another hotel first if at all possible. VERY overpriced - Not a good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rdb812
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Spent our last night of vacation there and enjoyed it.
A bit off the center, but with.easy access to the wine area..

• Stayed: August 2011