“A place to stay...clean, functional, but not fun” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country

Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Rio Grande, New Jersey
“A place to stay...clean, functional, but not fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This place is not in the most 'happening' part of town...don't plan on walking to anything. A just average franchise motel, with clean rooms, fairly well equipped with fridge and microwave and just upgraded HD cable TV. Wifi works with some repetitive sign in aggravation. Nothing attractive on the free breakfast so we didn't partake. Staff was functional also...no going out of the way for you. We did take advantage of the laundry service and it was one-day as advertised and reasonably priced.
This is another place that hits my main raw nerve though....both I and the colleague I was traveling with smoke, and I booked rooms online, selecting the 'Standard Room' that displayed no smoking sign, not the "Non-smoking Room' that had the stand placard. Upon arrival we were greeted with a property wide pledge of non-smoking! I guess the concept of 'voting with your feet' is catching on with smokers and so hotels find it necessary to mislead, if not actually lie, on their reservation sites.

Room Tip: Get upstairs since it can be a noisy parking lot when trucks are in. Also, make sure you stay on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had read previous reviews and was a little nervous booking here since it didnt have many great reviews. However, we decided to try it---how bad could it be? As we were checking in, I noticed the area behind the desk had a single stroke of paint. Like someone had started painting, but never did anything more. (not a deal breaker but odd). After we checked it we headed to the room. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor so we had to haul our luggage up a flight a steps. The rug in the hallway was very dirty and well travelled. The room was average size, but seemed dirty. Not that I saw visible dirt, but just that feeling you get when something doesnt seem clean. I wore my socks the whole time....would not go barefoot. The bedspread had a small stain on it, but I pull that off anyway. The walls were paper thin (as reported by others). Enough so that at 1am, I was awakened by the "activities" of the neighbors. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Rio Dell, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at this motel on a Saturday night. We arrived about 9 pm and inquiried about a room. We were told that the only room they had was a suite, go figure. We took it because of the time. The place was dirty. Big stain spots all over the hall carpets. The place was loud, no insulation in the walls. Our toilet ran all night. When we told the desk person the next morning, she did not know that toilets could do that. The room, for a suite, was very small and had no closet.

Room Tip: If you find that the carpets have huge stains on them stay away. You could check out the room first...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Mendocino
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This place is dirty, outdated, VERY noisy, paper- thin walls, filthy carpets, stained bedspreads, and staffed by uninterested, scarce people at the front desk. Very overpriced for what you get.
It desperately needs refurbishing. The bed was a hard, lumpy OLD mattress which also needs replacing. It felt as though I was sleeping on a box spring!! Never again.

Room Tip: For a good room stay someplace else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Terrell, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I recently completed a four night trip through Oregon and into northern California, staying all four nights with the Choice hotel chain, using either Quality or Comfort hotels. The first three nights were all very satisfactory and pleasing, and would recommend all three, (Lincoln City, Florence, and Fortuna, Oregon). However, the Quality Inn in Santa Rosa, CA, should be an embarresment for Choice Hotels. It resembles a much lower price chain, and I would not be surprised if Choice soon sells it to a lower price hotel chain. Had I not already made a reservation that could not be cancelled with a refund, I would have turned around and walked out immediately. The lobby was dim, dingy, and sparsely furnished. The desk manager was less than professional and did nothing to make us feel welcome. Most noticeable everywhere was the badly worn carpet with trails and frayed areas. In our room, all the wall switches were upside down! Not sure what that tells me, except that they could not have been installed by a liscensed electrician. Not a good sign! The only positive thing I could say, and this is significant, is that the cleaning staff had done a very good job with making the place feel clean, considering the worn out appearance of the entire place. On leaving the next day, it appeared that highway 101 formerly ran by this hotel, but is now a block over, and the tourist traffic no longer passes this hotel, perhaps leading to its demise. I might add that the included breakfast was as sparse as I have ever had at a Choice hotel, and was not kept restocked as food was taken. I would never consider staying here again, and recommend that the Choice hotel chain get rid of it if they care about their reputation.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife, son, and I stayed here for one night for the Santa Rosa Marathon. First of all we were charged almost three times the normal rate because of the Marathon. First impressions usually are the most memorable. First of all there was no one at the front desk. The lobby was run down,dark and not very pleasant. Our room was very dated and dark, so it was difficult to see whether it was clean. One our trip we stayed at two other Quality Inns for half the price that were orders of magnitude better than this one. I suggest staying here only as a last resort to sleeping in your car!!

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I needed a place for 2 nights while visiting Santa Rosa for the first time. While being a little older that the Comfort Inns we usually stay in the Quality Inn was very clean. The room was very quite. Ask for a room away from the main road. The best part was all of the staff were very nice and very helpful. The breakfast, while not fancy was exactly what I like to have for breakfast. We would definately stay here again. Also the first of August the weather was incredible!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor, backside as far away from Santa Rosa Av as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family