“We had a very good 5-night stay”

Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
The World
“We had a very good 5-night stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We do not agree with the negative comments on TripAdvisor, although we understand some of the criticisms. We have what we would call constructive comments for improvement. They are directed mostly to the owner, rather than the hotel manager or staff. Roger Patel, the hotel manager, was an excellent host.

When we checked in, Roger made sure that we had a room we would like for our 5-night stay. He is professional and easy going. The room we chose was 105, a rectangle with the bed, drawers and a window seat at the end under the one window. The TV was on the chest in front of the bed. While it turned toward the sofa which was on the other side of the rectangular room, we could not sit on the sofa and watch TV. We sat on the sofa and watched TV on our laptop that sat on the coffee table instead—what a waste of a TV. On the wall across from the sofa was a table which was large enough for both of our computers—one at each end. Between the bed and the sofa was a long counter which had a sink, a microwave, coffee maker, a mini fridge and storage cabinets. Across from that was the closet. There was ample storage so we could unpack and put everything away. The light in the room was dim but the light in the bathroom was very good. The bathroom had a small vanity, tub with shower and toilet. The main room, though dingy, worked for us. The different daily rates worked out to be, on average, $137.05 per night (senior rate). Over the Memorial Day weekend we were happy to have a room big enough and comfortable enough for the 2 of us.

The Internet worked well enough but it was annoying to have to sign in and agree to something or another every time we opened our laptops (several times a day). The walls of the Quality Inn were paper thin and we heard voices in the rooms around us and footsteps over us. It was good that the people around us went to bed early enough and for the most part stayed in bed all night because the foot falls were really bad. The climate control system didn’t work well enough for us; during the day it was either too cold or too hot. At night we set the thermostat at 73 ° and our thermometer registered that it went down to 69° before it cycled off. The breakfast room was large and could usually accommodate all of the holiday weekend guests. The food offered was “the standard breakfast fare” we’ve encountered during our 40-day road trip. The woman who kept everything filled up and orderly was quite nice and accommodating. When we arrived at the Quality Inn we needed to do our weekly laundry but Roger said there was no washing machine in the hotel we could use. He suggested that we walk across the street to a coin operated laundry. Audre did that but was put off by the large machines costing $5.50 since we only had a puny amount of laundry. We went to another laundromat where the wash cost $2.50 but the whole experience was totally inconvenient. It sure would have been nice if the Quality Inn had a washer/dryer for its guests.

We think that the owner of the Quality Inn needs to make an investment in the hotel. The first thing that should be done is a thorough cleaning of each room—walls, rugs, furniture, ceilings, cabinets, inside the cabinets, inside the microwave, the shower curtain—everything--needs a good scrubbing and, with better lighting in the bedroom, the room might not be so dingy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aledm
Roger P, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank You for staying with us. Your feedback is important to us and we will strive to improve our service and amenities. We hope to see you next time when you are in town.

Thanks,
Roger Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

There are much less expensive hotels with seemingly the same amenities, and there hotels with many more amenities that cost just a little more. The Quality Inn down the road in Petaluma is a much better choice. First off, the location of this one is not very good. In an industrial part of town near an RV park, there are only a couple of places to eat within walking distance: breakfast place next door and not bad Mexican place north up the road. Rooms are sparsely furnished, but big. No extra towels. Pillows have a very cheap feel to them. Free wifi and parking. Free breakfast, but even that seemed to have very limited offerings. I would look elsewhere unless the price was significantly discounted down to the super-budget level and all you want is a sheltered bed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hitcher84

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Livermore, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If I could rate the quality and service a zero I would. I booked my hotel on 4-7-14 with Kristen for a CLC rate king bed with microwave for $71.99. When I arrived on 4-11-14 Kristen didn't have anymore rooms left with a fridge & microwave. She asked if I wanted to upgrade for $20.00. I stated no I did not. I wanted what I booked. She gave me the upgrade for a queen suite with amenities and told me I would not be charged the $20.00. Wow, got a $20.00 charge on my credit card bill. Called 3x and Kristin is never around. Getting the run around from management Roger and Alka. They are unprofessional and need to get it together. The outside of the hotel looks nice. The inside is dated and smells of burnt coffee and smoke. Needs new paint interior rooms and to have the carpets cleaned. Hotel breakfast was so bad my husband refused to eat it. It's a conference room with some bananas, eggs, cereal and horrid coffee. We hated our stay there.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. Do not book your room with Kristen.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We are sorry you were not happy with your stay here. We apologize that Kristen did not offer the service you expected and will look into this situation. We are sorry that breakfast was not adequate for you, however, we do offer more than what you mentioned in your survey. We have a waffle maker, sausages, hard boiled eggs, wheat bread, white bread, assorted mini muffins, 4 different types of cereal, bananas and/or apples, coffee, juice and tea. Once again we apologize if we did not live up to your expectations.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Forget the Wine Country in the name. This should be more aptly named with trailers, pot shops, car repair place etc. in the name. Unfortunately we had a prepaid week at this place and could not get a refund if we didn't stay. This is "on the other side of the tracks." Our "suite" was clean, that was the plus. No elevator, lousy attitude. Our experience was like Ron R's. I sent a complaint to Quality Inn afterward about the whole thing and got an apology email from Roger Patel that was ridiculous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Sorry you were not happy with our hotel. We will look into your complaints. We do thank your for taking the time to answer our survey.
Alto
Reviewed 16 March 2014

WOW! How does one define QUAlLITY? Not with this motel, to be sure. Attitudeof management is a 1(one). Made reservation 3 weeks ahead for handicapped room to transfer on Sunday to a first floor king, but when Sunday came, there was none available! Stairs only to 2nd floor -handicapped hubby can't do that. They (owner) didn't care
Comforter ripped x4, smoke alarm missing &wires exposed, moldy bathroom, filthy carpeting throughout, ripped bed skirt hanging on the floor - JUST plain yucky and owner's attitude simply materialistic.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are sorry you were not happy with your stay. We always try to accommodate every guests requests for certain rooms or certain floors. However, it is not always possible. It is based on availability. As for your other complaints we have maintenance looking into the issues you mentioned. Once again we are sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodations.
West Sacramento
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Starting from the beginning. The neighborhood does leave something to be desired, I recall my husband and I making note of the fact that we have an alarm on our car, "so it should be fine." There was ample parking and the hotel staff was great. Check in was quick and easy, and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean with the exception of a few hairs on the bathroom floor that didn't belong to my husband or I. The bed was very comfortable and I am sure if it weren't for the noise we would have slept well (more on that later). This hotel was perfectly acceptable for all reasonable purposes. However, that being said, I didn't get the excited - "yay we're traveling" feeling I usually get when traveling and walking into our room for the first time, those who know what I'm talking about may feel the same. My husband and I THINK we pinned it down to the layout of the room. The tones in the room are also very warm (gloomy) and the lighting could be better, although not the best, still not a deal breaker. The bathroom is small and counter space is limited, the shower pressure is good to very good. The lobby coffee was pretty weak, but I understand that not everyone likes really strong coffee like we do, and there is a Starbucks just a couple of minutes down the road if you really need your fix. The breakfast wasn't bad. There was the usual muffins, cereal, instant oatmeal, milk, juice... additionally there was sausage, waffles and COLD hard boiled eggs. Now, despite the imperfection, I wouldn't say based just on this, that we wouldn't stay here again, however, sadly, there is a reason we will not be staying here again. You see, this hotel is very near "Wine Country" and throughout the night we were woken by what I can only assume was drunk tourists bobbing down the halls carrying on. Then there was what I'm sure was a marathon runner doing exercises in the room above us. Now I do realize that what the other guests do is beyond the control of the hotel, I do not fault them for that, but the walls and ceiling are so thin that it was impossible to get a good nights sleep, and that is the responsibility of the hotel. We will be looking for another place to stay during our next ziplinging adventure.

Room Tip: If possible get an upstairs room and bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skybluepink1969
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
We are very pleased with all the nice comments you made about our hotel. We are sorry about any noise issues you had while staying here. We do try our best to keep a quiet hotel for all our guests. We thank you again for taking the time to take our survey.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband, four month old son, and I stayed in this hotel for about two weeks and though the reviews were worrisome it was actually a very good stay. It certainly isn't in the greatest of areas in Santa Rosa, but it isn't back alley ghetto. We at first were placed in a regular room with two queen beds, which was not going to work. We went to the front desk after our very late check-in and informed them that we needed a larger suite with a kitchenette and instantly they gave us a queen suite with a kitchenette on the first floor. Before giving it to us they did let us know that it was next to the maintenance room so it could be noisy, but we were fine with that. They let us use their cart to move everything into the room. When we went to use the safe in the room it had an error so my husband went to the front desk to let them know and within 10 minutes they were in their fixing it. The rooms are a bit worn but we did not have any tears, stains, trash, holes, or any type of problems with the furniture or room. The shower never ran out of hot water and had good pressure. There was a dumpster outside of the hotel that worked for our take-out dinners we were having and there was never anyone lurking around the parking lot or any sign of hookers as some have seen. The walls are not as noise proof as would be preferred, but the only noise we heard was the maintenance room door being opened (which they already warned us of and we were okay with it) and the next door someone snoring excessively loud that didn't wake any of us up. The AC/Heat works perfectly and the TV is HD quality. They have breakfast every morning which consists of: mini muffins, bread for toast, a waffle maker, boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, OJ, milk, and fruit. I was also very pleased with housekeeping because when we checked out of the hotel days later we realized the $600 ring my husband bought me for Valentine's Day was missing. We called the hotel and they had it there and ready for pick up. We decided to take them a box of See's chocolates and a thank-you card and after dropping it off and getting back into the car the owner came out to let us know that the chocolates would go to the housekeeper who found it and not the entire hotel staff, which I thought was very kind of him to let us know because he did not have to.

We can't comment on the monetary value of our stay because my husband's company paid for our stay, but overall it wasn't a bad stay for the area or type of motel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easily accessible due to no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mercedes M
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are also pleased to hear how satisfied you were with our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to answer the survey. Thank you again.