“Unhappy with Stay”

Motel 6 Santa Rosa North
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Traveling from California to Oregon and stayed one night in Santa Rosa. Was very disappointed in the hotel. Had no hot water and even though I requested a non-smoking room, it smelled of cigarette smoke and carpet smelled as if someone spilled beer all over it. Guest were noisy and needless to say, we didn't get a good night rest. Won't stay there again....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coffee0126

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stopped at this Motel 6 property after a long day's drive. It was already dark and cold in northern CA. The door to the office lobby was propped open, very strange for night time. Upon entering, I knew why, immediately. The overpowering odor of cleaning chemicals was so cloying I could taste the stuff. I had to walk out several times to breath, clear my eyes and spit. The young woman behind desk kept apologizing, and eventually gave me, unsolicited, a 5% discount for my discomfort. I asked if the room smelled this way, and she said no, but to take the discount nonetheless.

I took a handicap room, as I am semi-disabled and was feeling the cold. Parking was good, and the room adequate. However, the A/C had been left running and thus the outside and indoor temperatures were just about equal.

I got my bags and settled in to relax. I turned in at 9:00 pm, while a party was going on next door, which I could hear with clarity.

I awoke at 6:30 am, watched TV for about 30 minutes and then headed to the shower. While the toilet worked fine, the sink faucet was so powerful a spray came off the porcelain. I laid out my toiletries and started the shower. The water was very hot very fast and I adjusted it accordingly. I stepped into the shower area and saw that the head was positioned on the floor. I picked it up and went to put it into the small, metal holder on the rod. However, when I did this, the entire assemblage came apart in my hand, a bunch of small metal pieces.
Needless to say, showering was both difficult and dangerous. I did my best.

When my car as packed, I walked to the front office at approximately 8:30 am. I asked for the manager, whose name is Paul Sherpa. The young woman on duty said he was out and could she help me. I explained what had happened and she asked me if I wanted a "discount". I said I had already paid and that I had, in fact, received a discount. However, this seemed to be the only word she knew when it came to a customer complaint. I showed her the photograph I took of the disassembled shower piece and she repeated her mantra, "Would you like a discount?" I thanked her and left for my meeting.

When I was finished, I phoned the Motel 6 front office. This was at 11:35 am. I asked for Paul Sherpa, the manager, whose business card I had taken from the front desk. The same young woman asked me, "What is his room number?" I said he was the manager and she again asked me his name and his room number. I thanked her and hung up.

When I reached Sacramento, I called again. This was at about 1:30 pm. This time I was put through to Paul Sherpa. I explained to him everything from the time I arrived through the phones calls. His response was: "What do you want me to do?" Literally, seriously. I was taken aback. If this is what passes for... customer service, then I expect way too much from corporate America.

Room Tip: Check out EVERYTHING before you unpack. And try to communicate with the staff as best as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Rosa North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Abie S, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Checked in and then immediately left to go to a restaurant we had heard about. When we got back to our "Non-smoking" room we found people standing on the sidewalk right out in front of the rooms smoking up a storm. Then a couple with 4 younger children children and a bicycle moved into the room next door. Also, our room was suppose to be Handicap Accessible, which it wasn't. Went back to the office and they moved us to another room. They cautioned us that they were renovating rooms and that workmen would be working right around us the next morning starting at 8. We said no problem and moved into the second room. After a couple of hours we concluded that the heat would not turn on at all. Apparently the workers had turned off too many electrical breakers for the area. Reported same to the office but didn't want to move again in the middle of the night so we tuffed it out under blankets and the bed cover. Not a bad night's sleep. To the motel's credit, they did give us 25% back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Rosa North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear John M
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the temperature conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My employer put all 12 workers up here and I was supprised at how clean the hotel was. The staff was very nice and helpful with any special requests. We walked to places to eat close by that were low cost but OK. Close to freeway/gas and other stores.Clean pool. This was ok for a low cost place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

When the guy next door took a shower, the noise was so loud I almost had to get out a towel.

Room not in great repair. Tub was stained; drain plug didn't fit.

Stubbed for numerous electrical outlets but only one poorly accessible one had a recepticle.

Good water pressure in the shower but not in the sink.

Blackout curtains didn't.

Tiny space and not inexpensive, either.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed for overnight just to sleep and take a bath. Cleanliness is just OK, for the price of less than 60 USD for 2 beds is ok. Just off the highway, just be mindlfull after because one can miss the exit if coming from SF. There was a security guard so maybe it is safe~ nothing happened on our stay though.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our running group stayed here for one night while passing through Santa Rosa. When we pulled up around 8pm, there were several men drinking and hanging over the railing outside the upstairs row of rooms (above the office) staring and making remarks at any women walking up to the office. We also noticed other men lurking around the property who were drinking and just watching people. When we checked in, the 2 girls in the office seemed very stressed and wanted the I.D.'s of every person in our party. They were also asking the same of other guests (and I can see why, based on the type of people who was staying there). We were exhausted and the check-in process seemed to take forever. On the way to our room, there were men we noticed were hanging outside their rooms. One room had its door open and the people inside were smoking drugs of some sort and drinking. Finally, we got to our rooms and settled in for the night, making sure we locked every lock on the door. The A/C was not working and it was very stuffy in the 2 adjoining rooms we rented, so we opened the windows for ventilation. All night we heard the loud conversations of people partying right outside our window (literally)! The conversations consisted of talk about beating people up, partying, etc, etc. It was a good thing there were no children in our group to hear that kind of talk! We were exhausted from running all day, but could hardly sleep due to fear of being in a dangerous area and having people who looked like ex-cons partying right outside our door. We left early in the morning and will definitely NOT be returning to the motel/drug den. Next time we will check the reviews before booking!!!

Room Tip: My only tip is RUN!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends