“Clean”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Bath
“Clean”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staff all quite helpful. Room clean. Comfortable bed. Trader Joe's store within walking distance, a couple blocks or so, to the north. Unfortunately I got a room that pumped outside cigarette smoke into my room every evening. That and the noise of neighbors made for a miserable stay until I asked to change rooms. The front desk responded promptly and moved me to a much better room -- so the end of my stay was fine. Nice perk that AARP members get an internet pass for one device free each day. instead of having to pay the $3 fee.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at this motel two nights, June 20, 21. I took a pair of expensive high end headphones with me and a mp3 player in the headphone case. The case was the last thing I packed at home and the first thing I unpacked and set on the dresser. I did not touch the case again the entire weekend. When I got home it occurred to me I did not pack the headphone case in my bag before leaving the motel. I immediately called and they said they would check on it. The next day I drove back to the motel checked with the house keeper that stripped the room and the house keeper that cleaned the room and both said they didn't see the case. I was let back into the room to see it, the room had been cleaned and no case. The room had not been rented the night before. I called corporate customer relations, they called the manager and the manager gave them the same response. The first evening home I called the motel and asked to have the manager call me back which he never did. Coperate promised to get right back to me, they did not and I had to call them back. Either someone got into the room when I was not there which is unlikely since a laptop computer readily visible was untouched. I suspect a staff member took it and kept it. Also with the room, the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work, a lousy TV and limited channels with no guide, and my second night coming back to the room the card key did not work. I went to the front desk to ask for a new key and they gave me a new key without verifying my room number in any way, not even my name, which is a huge breach of security. Motel 6 has turned into a dishonest, bare bones motel and is no longer a value of any kind. I have stayed at Motel 6 a number of times but I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Close to the freeway but surprisingly quiet. Room was clean. Bathroom was very small. Room was very cold and we couldn't figure out how to turn on the heater it just kept blowing out cold air. Had to walk far to get ice. People were living in the down stairs room. Had to pay for wifi

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank sillygal01
Eureka, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Over a period of about a year we have stayed at this Motel Six North six or seven times. Mostly the stays were typical, adequate, one time there were dogs barking all night and another a nasty sounding argument outside our room. Neither time was the night manager helpful. This last time when we called to reserve but were told the tv doesn't work in the only room available and there were no discounts available so we figured we'd hold off till we got there. When we arrived there about 11pm it appeared to be plenty of rooms available, the vacancy sign was on, but there was no one at the registration window. Not even a note. After waiting and ringing for service several minutes we left and went to the Motel Six South and were treated very well by the friendly young man at the counter who also discounted the room for us and gave us one away from the noisy street. Will not return to the north one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sid B
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Rooms are updated and nice but tenants are loud and some seedy characters..Front desk clerk Sabrina was very ignorant for wanting to please the guest..Not a people friendly person..!!
If it wasn't for her I would have enjoyed my stay immensely...!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paulee D
Reviewed 26 February 2014

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE RjacobLY BECOME HOMELESS... WE HAVE 2 kids...our son who is 14....& our daughter destiny..... who is 6.... destiny was diagnosed n 2010 with brain cancer.... that had spread to the bottom of her spine..... she was 2 1/2 when they found a tumor coming off her brain stem..... She is a very...very special lil girl..... she has been through 2 rounds of chemotherapy & a round of radiation.... She still has Cancer...But she's a fighter... And she's beating it....unfortunately my husband n I have run into financial problems ... which has left us homeless.... we have no family that can help us.... my niece was able to get a # for me to call n get emergency help ....catholic charities...I knew that they had a 2 month waiting list For the shelter....Doreenn. was great.... She worked her but off for us..Friday Doreen from catholic charities went personally to motel 6 north n paid with their credit card....we checked in n the man was very nice n he informed me that he didn't have a room fhusbandannan perez...he had a room for a jacob devars n family....I checked us in n sign the paperwork due to the fact that my husband doesn't possess identification...now the man who was checking Us in did inform me that there was an issue with only having 1day paid instead of 7.....my understanding was that there was some kind if discount when u pay for 7days....I signed all the nessary papers to correct that......n that was that...now its Tuesday the 25th....we have been here all weekend with nothing but prostitutes....druggies....drug dealers running around this motel like its there personal playground...what made my husband got to request a different room was the fight that broke out four doors down that woke up my children......they were so scared.....n so we for that matter.... When Jacob went in the morning to ask for a new room he was told no problem.....but not til after noon....around 3pm Jacob went to the office to see when we were moving n he came back very upset saying they will only talk to me due to he's not supposed to be in the room cuz he wasn't paid for...now I went to the office n was treated like a low class citizan by the lady behind the desk...she said only one day was pie for and Jacob. Eed to leave sin e he wasn't paid for....I called dorreen at catholic charities n she reassured they we're mistaken n when has the receipts to prove it.....now its 9pm....we r still in the room that we r not feeling safe in....n they said WE...must pay 10$per day out of my daughters pocket if her daddy wants to stay here....I am sorry... we already feel unsafe now they want to take our only protection away....n if we don't....we need to get out....we r herd cuz we r trying to do the best we. in a very bad situation....there r a few more things that I will be putting in complaint....this is the worst hotel I have ever been in..plz call me @707-2355253 asap....I'm afraid they r going to throw my family out in the cold.....sercerly.... Shannan perez

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cheenagrneye
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Rosa North, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Cheenagrneye,

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This fits basic travel needs with a clean room with newer laminate floor and basic furnishings. A surprising very comfortable bed and flat screen TV. No shampoo etc., but didn't mind because the room was clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room to avoid HWY noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business