“Pleased with my stay.”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Costa Mesa
“Pleased with my stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

This property is located right of f the 101 Freeway. It is easy to find and offers a great location.

You can walk to Trader Joe's, as I did. It is abt 3 blocks away. 24 Hour Fitness is less than a mile away. There are a myriad of fast food places nearby. The local mall is also less than a mile away.

The property shows well. The outside appears clean and well maintained. There is ample parking.

The room I stayed in was very clean. It is an older bulding, so there are some minor maintenance-type issues in the room. However, nothing that impacted my stay. The room was very clean.

The bed was clean and comfortable. It was also a quieter building than I expected. I could not really hear my neighbors.

The staff was friendly and offered great service.

I have stayed at a few Motel 6 properties. The company offers a clean and budget minded option to your travels. No one staying at a Motel 6 should expect top of the line accommodations.

I would suggest booking ahead on the motel6.com website. BRING A COPY OF YOUR RESERVATION. Their computer had my name and the number of nights I was staying. However, it did not have the same price which I agreed to on the internet. I had to pull the reservation up on my phone.

I recommend this property and will stay there again next year when I return to the Santa Rosa area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank OCTRIGUY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

I read all the reviews before traveling and was pretty grossed out, but due to the size of our party this was the only hotel we could get 4 rooms together. I was over ruled by my family they all told me relax, its just 2 nights, stop making a big thing out of nothing. So I didn't want to offend anyone so I let my sister book the rooms and crossed my fingers. That was not enough!

If you book a room here even if you have a confirmation number, its first come first serve! Confirmation numbers mean nothing. Every room in this hotel HAS BEEN SMOKED IN! THE STICKERS ON THE DOOR THAT SAY NO SMOKING COME OFF AND THE MAID CAN STICK ON ANOTHER DOOR! So if you are sensitive to the smell of smoke STAY AWAY! When we arrived there were only 3 parties out of the four that were there. We were all forced to pay for our rooms upfront, they would not apply the charges to our debit card we had provided 3 weeks earlier. They advised us that was their rules and if we didn't do it that way they would give our rooms away! Who like to be threatened when your traveling! Hello where is the Customer Service? NOT HERE!!

We checked into our rooms Stunk, no air condition unit is about 200 years old! no screens on the windows so the flies would fly in and hello your right next to freeway! NOISY and Yes there is about a 1/2 inch gap in the door! There was 2 adults and 2 children per room. We only had ONE TOWEL and ONE FACE CLOTH, when we sent our children down to get more towel so they could take a shower the staff only provided 2 more towels. Then you ready" THEY ADVISED WE SHARE THE TOWELS!" So ladies you know that is not happening when aunt flo is present! How gross and rude was this. We went down to the office they had locked the door and we had to ask for more as they treated us like crap! Laughing at us like we were a joke! NOT Cool.

4 BEDS OUT OF 8 WERE DIRTY 3 HAD HAIR AND ONE HAD BLOOD ON THE SHEETS AND PILLOW CASE! They refused to come to our rooms saying there was no service at that time of night 10:00 pm! Thank god for my Aunt and ME I brought extra sheets just incase! We slept four in a bed until the next day! Some of us did get those flea bites!
Bathroom was small and gross hair in tub and pee around toilet!
Sorry so long but I really want to share this horrible place! Stay somewhere else go for the extra money and stay at the sandmann, holiday express! Or your CAR!
This place really is old and gross and sad to say should be closed until it is up to code and clean!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank TCtravelOregon

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Billings, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

Blocks from Trader Joe's, yesss! And your dog is welcome. But there's a few drawbacks. First is cleanliness - my bathroom was used and so gross I would have changed rooms if it hadn't been late at night and the last available room. Parking is tough, too. You won't be able to bring in any kind of camper, even backing out a pick up is tight. The rooms are loud because the door seals are terrible. However... the staff is friendly and prompt. It's cheap. There's interet access. The parking lot is actively patrolled, there's kids in the pool, it feels safe and central. It's a Motel 6. It's ok.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
santa cruz, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

I have stayed here 3 times because it is cheap and the location is good since when we come to Santa Rosa we are there for wine tasting, and this is near the Russian River wine road. However each time the experience has been poor.

The worst part is the staff who are always the world's most incompetent people. One time I had to return to the office 3 times before I got the remote control for the TV (the same girl kept saying she would find it and bring it to me, but never did). They always refuse to give me even one extra pillow to supplement the 2 skimpy flat ones they give you for a double room. I don't have high standards for a cheap motel but this is one of the worst. However as opposed to other reviewers, personally I have not had trouble with the room being dirty (though they do reek of smoke) or witnessing police presence or shady people etc.

This time I am going to try the Sandman which is only $20 more per night and sounds better, but we will see.

But, if you want something cheap and conveniently located and don't mind it having some probs, this motel can be worth it.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

Arrived late at night or would have moved to different hotel. Carpet was very dirty and the blanket was dirty. Got a different blanket from staff and it had a large burn hole in it. All the bedding and towels were threadbare. There are absolutely no amenities - No hairdryer, no shampoo, no Internet (unless you pay additional), no coffemaker, no breakfast, etc.

Would have been cheaper to stay at a better hotel - and cleaner!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty, worn-out
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

Staff at counter was fine. Hotel manager was rude and aggressive. When wifi didn't work (extra cost), manager was dismissive and threw (yes, threw) another access card at me and snorted, "There, should work now". Not a place to go with kids or a single girl. It's a cheap motel and you get what you pay for. Get in, get some sleep, then get out.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gchong8
Eureka, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The rooms were dirty and smelled like cigarette smoke even though they were non-smoking. There were cigarette burns in the every layer of the bedding. The hotel was loud throughout the night including our neighbors on each side who had their tvs and loud music blaring well into the early hours of the morning. I did not feel safe in this hotel and would have felt safer sleeping in my car on the side of the rode. Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family