“I will return”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fountaingrove Parkway
Transit: City bus stop
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I was in the area for business and came here based on a recommendation. This restaurant did not disappoint. Both dishes that we ordered (salmon cakes and shrimp & grits) were great. We also ordered deviled eggs and biscuits. We shall return the next time in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Was visiting from out of town and found this place on Yelp. Sounded delicious and Yelp said it was kid friendly. While they do have high chairs, it's probably a little too upscale to be called kid friendly (also, no changing table in the bathroom).
We had drinks and an appetizer at the bar before the rest of our group arrived and we moved to a table. The drinks were strong and the hush puppies delicious. However the kitchen must have had a bad night because it took at least 45 min for our food to come. Literally we asked for to go boxes by the time the food came because my young daughter was restless and could not sit anymore. This was a shame because the food itself was flawless - we had blackened catfish, fried chicken, and the Cobb salad. Our server was apologetic and we understood it was not her fault. However the manager spent time talking to nearby customers complaining about smoke from the smoker and never once stopped by to apologize for the delay or offer to comp any items. So great food but poor customer service. Maybe try to go at non rush times?

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was hungry for some good fried chicken and Sweet T hit the spot. My friend had the
bbq ribs and we shared. The ribs had a great smoky flavor. Sides are okay, better
than some I have had. Service was attentive. It's rather out of the way but I would go
again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The food was great, true southern BBQ with hush puppies and sweet tea. Although a little pricy ($30 per person including tip), it was a very large portion that even my 20 year old son could not finish!
My only complaint was that I asked for no cheese on my BBQ rib salad and it arrived with cheese. The waiter later noticed and apologized, but took nothing off the bill for the inconvenience. I just didn't eat the section with the cheese and couldn't have finished it anyway. The service was good and the staff were all courteous and friendly. You can eat outside or inside. And the outdoors is covered with umbrellas so your not too hot even on a sunny day. A definite must try...okay for families and little kids, they are very accommodating.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My party and I ate here for lunch on a weekend. We arrived around noon and the restaurant was not very busy. We were seated immediately. We chose to sit outside since the weather was nice.

For appetizers we had hush puppies which come with honey butter. The hush puppies were expertly prepared and cooked. The honey flavor in the butter was perhaps a bit too subtle, but overall the hush puppies were excellent. I would recommend you try them.

For the main course I ordered the beef brisket. It comes with two sides and I choose the fried okra and creamy corn. The beef brisket was on the leaner side which is not necessarily a bad thing, but because of that it was slightly on the drier side rather than highly marbleized brisket which is moist with fat. The BBQ sauce for the brisket was extremely tasty with a deep rich smokey flavor which complimented the brisket very well.

The sides were very good. The fried okra was expertly breaded and cooked, creating a crispy exterior around the soft okra interior. It came with a white dipping sauce, which seemed similar to ranch. The creamy corn was good, but not noteworthy. The fried okra was better.

Another person in my party ordered their beef brisket with a side of chard which they said was "excellent." Another person in my party ordered the chicken & waffles which they enjoyed.

Service was excellent at times, and also a little sub-par at times. The maître d' was impeccable and the waitress serviceable. After our food was served, it was almost ten minutes before the waitress came back around to check on us. We were also never offered refills on our water when our water cups were visibly empty. However, the waitstaff did go out of their way to try and alleviate the wasp problem. Sitting outside, although very nice, is a bit of a chore to defend your food against flies and wasps. One lady at another table was stung by a wasp, and the waitstaff immediately came to her aid. (I did notice an electric fly trap in the nearby bushes so the restaurant is taking steps to try and control the annoying insects.)

Service: 3 stars
Food: 4 stars
Value: 3 stars
Atmosphere: 5 stars

Overall, this is a great restaurant nestled into the hills above Santa Rosa. Although we didn't eat in the dining room, it looked ritzy and well kept. I would come back here to eat, and I would recommend this restaurant!