“Hippie health food buffet”
Review of Gaia's Garden

Gaia's Garden
Ranked #76 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: International plant-based buffet, vegan-friendly, gluten-free options. Full buffet or smaller plate options. Sandwiches to order: portabella burger, banh mi, grilled cheese and spring rolls. Vegan and gluten-free brunch Saturdays and Sundays, 11:30-3:30 p.m. Live music, literary salon and open mic, vocal open mic, art, community events.
“Hippie health food buffet”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Vegetarian buffet, many items were very tasty not as seasoned as I like but lots of condiments available to adjust the flavor. There was a big anti-fluoridation meeting going on and some live music. People were very friendly and owner chatted with us for a while. Would go back for sure.

Visited August 2013

oakland ca
“Casual and Friendly - Great food, great price”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Loved the veggie buffet! This cozy restaurant delivers a healthful meal very inexpensively. Most of the food is vegan and naturally gluten free but they have a few more mainstream foods like lasagna with cheese. The entrees change daily but they always have dal/lentil soup which is delicious. I had seconds of it. The host joked that it is ok to have seconds, "They don't start pointing fingers until you've gone back 5 times."

You can also get smaller plates of food and they have alternatives to the buffet.

Visited March 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Vegan Paradise with LIVE MUSIC”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I had just finished a vegetable juice fast at True North Health in Santa Rosa and decided to reconnect with an old flame. Did he call this one right! Perfect salad bar with three delectable entrees sure to sooth the most picayune palette. He new the drummer and after dinner we were serenaded with incredible music by a combo named Jazz Fusion. Couldn't have been a more perfect night! Even the dancers were elegant!

• Visited October 2012
Rohnert Park
“Disappointing Vegetarian experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I had heard about this place and was very anxious to try it...but was pretty disappointed. We went tonight and the buffet was $10.95. True, it was all you can eat - but there wasn't a big choice of what you could eat. There was a salad bar with good greens and a few toppings - the dressings were pretty good - I had the almond one. But the dinner consisted of brown rice - some curried vegies - some other vegies - gluten free noodles, a green curry sauce, a peanut tofu and two soups. It was all in a steam table - but just luke warm - I didn't go back for 2nds as I was concerned about health hazards - and it just wasn't good enough to take in any more calories. So, I won't be going back anytime soon. And they said they were going to be raising their prices to $12.95 soon. There are many better vegan/vegetarian options than here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Amomsreview
Susan C, Owner at Gaia's Garden, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at Gaia's Garden,. It's been awhile since your review, so I won't waste time debating whether 15 different salad toppings really is "a few", etc. But I do want to make clear that keeping the food at safe temperatures is a priority for us. We check temps on the food that goes out to the steam table to make sure that it's 135 degrees or more, and we monitor the tables periodically as well. The Health Department conducts random checks, and has never had an issue with our hot food temperatures. Because we don't serve meat, we avoid a lot of potential health hazards, but we are well aware of food safety standards and adhere to them rigorously.

With the buffet, sometimes people take their salad and the hot food all in the same trip and, if they eat the salad first, the hot food will have cooled by the time they get to it. It's still safe, but a less pleasant experience. Don't know if this is what happened but, in any case, I sincerely wish you had had a better time with us.
Santa Rosa, California
“First vegan”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was my first experience with vegan food. Not only that, but they also shun sugar, onions, and garlic. Quite a challenge to flavor a dish without some of the main additives. Dairy is very limited. However, I must say that I was surprised with how good the food was. The lasagna was outstanding and the toasted sesame seed salad dressing was top notch. The vegetable curry was a little blah. Probably won't try that again. The price wasn't bad either. $10.95 for an all you can eat dinner buffet plus some great music. The night we were there the band "Greenhouse" played. If you like Celtic music (which my wife does) this is the band for you. All in all a very good experience. Will probably go back

• Visited May 2012