“GREAT BBQ!!!”

The BBQ Spot
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are located at 458 B Street in downtown Santa Rosa on the corner of 7th and B Streets. We offer dine in, take out, catering, limited delivery and a large banquet room. Come in and try our Michelin recommended Southern Style BBQ!
Petaluma
“GREAT BBQ!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We love BBQ and decided to try.... Had the pulled pork sandwich with fries... Excellent flavor, BBQ sauce out of this world. Fries were seasoned perfect. Cant wait to go back and try the ribs!. Cute, quaint, country feel...and clean. I must stop for BBQ lovers!

• Visited February 2014

Huntsville, AL
“Sauce on the side, please.”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The BBG Spot is in an old building that also has a tattoo parlor in it. What also makes this a little weird is that the sign by the road has a hot dog on top of it, so I guess this building was a hot dog/ice cream stand at one point in time. The front does not have much parking but if you drive through the small alleyway, on the south side of the building, you will see a parking area big enough for about 20 cars. There is also a door back there that will get you into the restaurant. The restaurant has two dining areas; one I would say is a fairly large area that would hold maybe 40 guests (about 10 tables of 4) and the front area with a counter that can set about 16 or so.

I arrived there on a Friday evening around 5:30 pm looking for a diner and to kill a little time before heading to San Francisco Airport and catching a red-eye flight to Atlanta.

I had ordered a 2 meat plate with beans and macaroni salad; this also came with a good square of corn bread. I asked if I could get 4 bones of ribs (that was their smallest offering of the ribs) as one of the meats and I was told “no, but you can get that with a three meat platter”.

OK, fair enough, but I was not that hungery.

Since they had run out of beef brisket, I had chicken and pulled pork. The pulled pork was moist and what bark I got was favorable. The chicken was smoked well. Small quibble here, I thought the pulled pork was overly sauced, and I would have like to have done that my self since there were containers of Hot and Mild sauce right next at the counter.

The macaroni salad was very favorable and had a mayonnaise dressing with herbs through it. Most places tend to have a very heavy hand when it comes to the herbs, but not here. You can taste a hit of herbs but it was not overpowering. The beans were good with hints of pork bbq through them.

Very well done and if I get to Santa Rosa again, I will make sure I have dinner there at least once or twice but I will ask for the sauce on the side.

• Visited August 2013
“Some if its its ok but not very good service”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Some of the barbeque is ok, pork and the chicken. But the service was not very good. Some of the staff was , and it felt like they definatly wernt appreciating the.costumers business. The ribs come off the bone cuz its steamed. They dont use real grills to sear the meat or give it some of that crispy texture that bbq should have.

• Visited November 2012
santa rosa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bbq and Blues Guitarist Vince Guzzetta”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Had a great night AWESOME BBQ !!! and live Music !!! Sat. nites from 6:30pm-8:00pm Vince Guzzetta new Blues Artist rocks the house. You really should come and check him out live while eating great BBQ.No cover.Had ribs tonite best that I have had ever period.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bill J
McKinney, Texas
“Love!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This is a newer BBQ joint but they know what the are doing. I cannot say enough good things about them. The food is amazing and always fresh. The workers are always pleasant and nice. Just a really good BBQ joint run by really nice people.

Visited February 2013