“We'll be back!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Sonoma County, Callifornia
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I first visited Mac's Deli over 20 years ago. I made a mental note to take hubby there someday, knowing he'd love it. I/we didn't make it back to Mac's until yesterday. Wow, what a difference 20 years makes! Mac's has been beautifully remodeled, no longer a dark hole-in-the-wall with dingy booths crammed up one side and down the other. They also no longer serve the over-stuffed, NYC Jewish Deli style sandwiches, but the sandwiches they do serve are still quite large - and there's a LOT of them to choose from. I had a corned beef and hot pastrami sandwich with swiss cheese on pumpernickel bread, with a side of potato salad - both the sandwich and salad were absolutely marvelous, and far more than I could possibly eat. Hubby had a liverwurst sandwich with sprouts and pickles on rye, with macaroni salad on the side - he absolutely loved it! In fact, he loved everything about Mac's so much that although he paid for lunch, he was thanking ME for taking him there! Shoulda done it 20 years ago...

We'll definitely be back, soon and often.

• Visited February 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Delicious Deli, Great Service and Great Prices”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First time at Mac's Deli. I had the French Dip with Potato Salad. The sandwich was on fresh
baked bread, piled high with lean roast beef and a great dipping sauce. The potato salad
was more smooth than chunky and some of the best I've ever eaten. My son had the
corn beef/pastrami dip sandwich and his was very good too. I can't say enough about
the great service and the kind older gentleman who greeted us. Mac's also serves
breakfast and I would definitely go back when I am in town.

• Visited January 2014
Napa, California
“Simple pleasures from a locally owned deli”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I've been patronizing Mac's for over 40 years. It's quality, service, value and ambience have always been outstanding. The staff are all long time employees each with over 12-years service. One of the "originals" from the 70s still works most days as the greeter. I try to go there whenever I am in Santa Rosa around lunch time. My favorite is the #31 roasted turkey sandwich made from real fresh cut turkey meat.
Street parking is usually limited close to the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ElZid
White Rrver Jct, VT
“Lunch and breakfast on vacation”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stopped for lunch one day as I only wanted a tuna sandwich. WOW it was a meal in itself.
Staff was very friendly, the Deli was neat and clean, the view of the kitchen look very efficient and clean. The owner came over and thanked us for stopping. The wait staff was very upbeat. We were so impressed we decided to come back for breakfast the next morning and was greeted by the owner at the door, which made us feel like family. We were hooked so of course we did return the very next day which happened to be our last day in Santa Rosa. As we entered the daughter-in-law met us and took us to the back part of the Deli where the son who, basically runs the kitchen and the business, greeted us enthusiastically as we walked by. We highly recommend Mac's as a must, it is fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stubie196
Danville, California
“Great Local Deli”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After reading Tripadvisor reviews, we stopped in here for a quick lunch while passing through Santa Rosa on a trip up to Northern California. Excellent recommendation! This is the quintessential picture of a Jewish delicatessen from the east coast. Large seating area, very friendly staff and terrific sandwiches. We had the ham and coleslaw on a crossant with a chocolate malt and wonderful onion rings. Will stop again when we're in the area. Everything was delicious.

• Visited August 2013