“California get away vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charles M. Schulz Museum

Charles M. Schulz Museum
Ranked #2 of 88 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: "Peanuts" devotees won't be disappointed in the museum that memorializes the work of cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, who made Santa Rosa his adopted hometown. The museum features an early mural of Charlie Brown and Snoopy, a wood relief sculpture of Snoopy showing the changes in the famed cartoon dog's appearance over the years and Schulz's actual work studio.
Staten Island, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“California get away vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

As a long time fan of the "Peanuts" comic strip, this museum was on my "bucket list". We flew into San Francisco airport & after picking up our rental car drove here in less than an hour. Upon arrival, we visited the Warm Puppy Café for a tasty & reasonably priced lunch. This museum was a delight. We spent the whole afternoon moving around the museum visiting the various exhibits. We also saw a documentary on the life of Charles Schultz in the auditorium. We were also very impressed by the staff of volunteers here. All in bright yellow vests, all friendly & helpful. One volunteer we had a lovely conversation with was wheel chair bound & had been a volunteer since 2002 & she offered a wealth of information. It was like having our own private tour! Of special interest was "Sparky's" studio moved from his home into the museum as well as the original wall of the Schultz's children moved into the museum with paintings of primitive Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy & Linus. After visiting the museum I felt a little sad that my grandchildren are growing up in a world without Charles Schultz. If I didn't live across the country, I would definitely would become a supporting member of this wonderful institution.

Visited November 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could be Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am sure the Santa Rosa Shultz Empire are terrific people to work for, the facilities are beautiful. Mrs. Shultz is graceful and approachable. Museum management has gone for a high style modern museum and embraces hands on activities. Unfortunately the Peanuts gang themselves wouldn't have enjoyed a trip there I'm afraid. Just too little content considering how much "creative" staff eating jelly beans and acting like highly paid seventy graders are running around. Even those with vast sums of money must surly wonder what their kids gain from the expensive "summer enrichment" type of programs. I guess I am just a little burned that the Charles Schulz Museum of all places is elitist, humorless, and boring. I like the Shultz public art around the Santa Rosa area it couldn't be much less like the museum itself.

Visited July 2013
Sonoma Country
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“See this great place for Peanuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great for families and anyone who loved Peanuts- which is pretty much anyone who reads a newspaper or watched TV growing up

Visited January 2013
Santa Rosa, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great spot for tourists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a must see for any Peanuts fan. Children love it as well, and there is an art room where they can create there own projects. In summer time they also have a Lego camp for school aged kids.
Since I live in Santa Rosa I have seen this museum on numerous occaisions and still find new things to look at.

Visited September 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Enjoyable; nostalgic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent about two enjoyable (and nostalgic) hours visiting this museum on a recent visit to the Santa Rosa area. It's well done and it certainly evokes lots of memories of this long-running 'piece of Americana".

Visited October 2013