“Ice skating!”

Redwood Empire Ice Arena
Ranked #19 of 103 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by Charles Schulz, "Snoopy's Home Ice," has become a community center as well as the place the comic strip artist loved best.
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Nice place to go when kids are off school. Good ice skating program, reasonable prices. Warm Puppy Cafe has better than average food.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"exercise"
"santa"

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We used to take our kids here to do open skate time and they loved it. I liked that I could sit in the Cafe and watch them.

We just reacquainted with the arena when we started going the SrJC hockey team games. We love ice hockey and going to the games is a great night out. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Where do you take young children when they visit you? Ice Skating! Especially if they are from Arizona and have never seen an ice rink before. Snoopy`s Home Ice, what a treat. Very reasonably priced for 2 hours. They post a schedule outdoors or walk in and talk to them like I did. The whole crew was helpful and nice, but, the Zamboni driver was the best (according to Kalina). Great fun at a great price. The Mon-Thur 12-2 is the best price $5 total. But even their regular prices are not bad.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

been coming here since I was a little kid.. take dance lessons upstairs, and learned to ice skate on the arena when I was about 6 years old. this is a sonoma county staple for sure.. and the Schulz Museum is next door and that is worth every penny as well.. especially if you love snoopy as much as I do!

1  Thank 1Goddessgirl
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I've been going here since I was a little girl. Nothing has changed...its 1970's Swiss chalet decor is so dated its spilled into retro cool.

The Snoopy Cafe has everything from Hot Chocolate to Garden Salads. My only complaint is the counter staff is not very customer service oriented...you can sometimes stand at the counter waiting to get served for quite a while..they are "busy" with something else. (chatting) I've even seen this with what appears to be the manager. I won't even get a "be right with you" or "hold on"...just pretty much ignored until they are ready to serve. Its like this pretty consistently. They only time I haven't run into this, is when there is already a line of people ordering.

I still love this place...I just don't get food there very often. The skating is great and there is a fun little museum/gift shop on the property.