“Good food, great service”

Thai Time Asian Bistro
Ranked #132 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Thai Time offers a variety of Thai and Asian Fusion food selections, emphasizing fresh ingredients, taste and great presentation. The restaurant has a colorful design and offers guests a casual and inviting atmosphere. Thai Time offers a Green Menu and Gluten Free Menu, created for our customers who prefer Vegan, Vegetarian or Gluten Free dishes.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went here with my boyfriend using a Living Social deal. The restaurant is small and it was fairly full when we arrived but we didn't have much of a wait. My boyfriend wanted to try the tamarind fish since he loves tamarind, but the waiter told us they weren't serving that today. When he saw how disappointed my boyfriend was, he said "let me see what I can do" and a little later, the chef came to our table and explained they couldn't get fresh sole so they weren't serving that dish. My boyfriend asked if they could substitute some other kind of fish, and the chef said sure, he could do the dish with salmon, so we ordered that along with the "Summer on Fire" dish. Both were delicious, and I also liked it that they didn't charge an outrageous price for brown rice like many restaurants do (it was $2). Overall I'd say the prices are somewhat high if you don't have something like the Living Social deal, but the food is very good and we appreciated the service.

2  Thank sonoma03

Reviewed 16 July 2013

There were three of us, trying to choose a place for lunch. We all love Thai, and have our favorite places! I thought it was time to try a place that is new to us... We ordered the calamari rings, fried, great dipping sauce. We then shared three dishes, the silver thread noodle salad, yellow curry with chicken, and peanut noodles with chicken. All of them were very good. The combo of flavors was delighted all of us. The meals appeared in a timely fashion. if one was going on a lunch hour this would be fine. We were pleased with the service, and will come back again!

1  Thank Morcella
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was traveling with my friend who is gluten-free and following a very specific diet to manage IBS, which includes no onions or garlic. Not easy to find restaurants that can accommodate that eating out, but we found some excellent options at Thai Time, which was just a short bike ride away form our accommodations at North Bay Inn. The food was definitely pricey for Thai (entrees $12.75-$15) as I'm used to paying less in San Francisco (entrees $6-$8), but it was the best option for my friend. Everything we ordered was very tasty. The summer rolls were dense and packed with yummy vegetables -- not airy and filled with bean sprouts like other Thai restaurants I've been to. The seafood tom yum soup was very good. But what stood out amongst everything else was the service. Our glasses were never empty and the server was so knowledgeable about the food, we started to wonder if he was the actual chef.

1  Thank viajera511
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Great Thai food and a pretty robust vegan, gluten-free menu. The server was happy to accommodate any special dietary requests, which was very nice considering the dining room was packed.

2  Thank Renata M
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Been looking for a Thai restaurant foe awhile since the family favorite changed so much a few years ago. Thai Time is a good find and got really good reviews from all of us. The award winning cream cheese wontons were soso. And we are crab Rangoon experts! The curry was excellent the pad that standard fare. But we will give it another shot for sure

1  Thank Kate c