“A perfect family outing & artistic immersion”

Valley of the Moon Pottery & North Eagle Gallery
Ranked #44 of 101 things to do in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 29 November 2013

North Eagle in Valley of the Moon is festive and buzzing. It is a timeless experience & priceless memory out in the fresh country air.

The weather couldn't be more perfect for perusing the pine Forrest and cutting down a Christmas tree. Fresh wreaths, candy canes & apple cider in the gallery and gift shop.

Beautiful, unique handmade pottery, paintings, sculpture, bonsai & gifts by Artists Caryn Fried & Wayne Reynolds, owners of North Eagle

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a fun place to visit while exploring Sonoma county. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this pottery gallery. There were many pieces of pottery that were interesting and had a wonderful richness to them. The size of the pieces varied from small to large and the designs were pleasantly diverse. We met Wayne the owner and he showed us around and explained several of the pieces. He even told us about the Beringer wine tours which was as he said a good place to go for a tour. Wished we lived closer to this place so we could visit it often and purchase more of their work. Going to the artists studio is much more rewarding then, a store in the shopping district. I recommend this to anyone looking for interesting places to visit in Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The owners are both artists who are friendly and open to meeting new people. If you are interested in pottery this is a great stop. Prices from $3 to hundreds there is something for everyone. We were invited to pick apples and berries which we really enjoyed. Not at all hard to find just look for the sign on Hwy 12.

1  Thank City_Girls_CA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a unique place with amazing art: paintings, sculpture, and bonsai all created by the wonderful artist owners. The pottery is unique and includes many items suitable as gifts, including local scenes such as the quail as decoration.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I saw this on tripadvisor and being a fan of pottery, I thought I might stop by while killing some time in Santa Rosa. It was a bit difficult to find off the main road, but well worth the drive down the long driveway. What a WONDERFUL surprise! When I entered, I was greeted by Wayne. He introduced me to his wife Caryn and then offered me a tour of the studio and grounds. Not only is Wayne a potter, but he also works with glass, paints, and cultivates bonzai trees. I visited the kilns and saw the newest kiln that is being built. I also visited the classroom studio and saw some of the student's work. The studio is amazing! Caryn was working diligently. The pottery they offer is both thrown, hand-built, and mold cast. The artistry on their pieces is finely done and appealing. They even had several pieces of Judaica, which impressed me. I had to restrain myself from buying more than I actually did. I have already planned another trip to visit the studio to purchase some gifts and maybe something else for myself.