“Great dim sum. Go here!!”
Review of Hang Ah Dim Sum

Hang Ah Dim Sum
Ranked #49 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful! Debated whether going into the city for dim sum but decided to stop here instead after reading the reviews on trip advisor. So glad we did. Great food. Wonderful service. Clean. Reasonable prices. Fed 7 people dim sum for $60, including 2 regular menu items, rice, and tea. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

10 family members went here tonight. We had a variety of Dim Sum as well as wonderful hot and sour soup. The service was quick. Food was fresh. All of us enjoyed our dinner. Great way to share various dishes and try new ones. Yes I do remember it being an A&W.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

A friend and I had a hankering for dim sum and, not wanting to drive to San Francisco, we stopped at Hang Ah. It's in a converted A&W Root Beer and even has a drive through, which was, incredibly busy.

Instead of dim sum carts, you circle your choices on a piece of paper...similar to a sushi restaurant and your dishes are brought piping hot to the table. While not on the level of great dim sum joints in SF, I found the food really tasty, fresh and flavorful. The waiter was not much help in answering questions as his command of the English language was nil, but nonetheless he brought our food, filled our waters/tea and was pleasant. No creepy fingernail to be seen (see previous post :).

We ordered a small order of pea shoots with garlic, chive & shrimp cakes, fried taro balls, turnip cakes, shrimp stuffed eggplant, and steamed buns filled with pork BBQ. Our total including tip was about $35. Reasonable as the pea shoots are a delicacy, at least to me!

The place was hopping just before lunch and during lunch..with many to-go orders flying out the doors. It's very clean inside and I would definitely go back...and wouldnt' hesitate to recommend it...at least for dim sum as that is all we ordered.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I ate here with a friend today, since it was open on Christmas. It was really a lovely way to celebrate the day. The restaurant was nearly filled, but really quiet. No music, and my friend and I were really able to have a nice conversation without yelling. The wait staff were friendly and attentive. The decor was serviceable - basic, but very clean.

I had the sizzling rice soup ( I was tending to a cold!), and it was perfect. The small size was $7.50, and would serve 1-3 people (I managed to finish it off myself!). The broth was chicken-based, had several shrimp, snow peas, mushrooms, and water chestnuts. Right before serving, the rice was dropped it, thus "sizzling". It was a bowl of magic. Mild, perfectly balanced flavors. Would certainly order this again. I also got an order of their sesame balls (3 balls for $3), and they arrived hot, light, airy and delicate. Sublime!

My friend ordered a lunch special ($8.25) with sweet/sour soup, fried rice, and the Vegetable Delight. It arrived on a huge plate, with at least 1-2 cups of rice, and massive chunks of al-dente vegetables, and some tofu. I did not taste it, but she liked it a lot.

Overall, a wonderful treat for Christmas - or anytime! Will be back again soon - easy, since I live in the area.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

had lunch at this very simple restaurant, in a former A&W building. I had dim sum and it was excellent. my husband had Mongolian beef and it too was great. we've been looking for a good Chinese restaurant north of san Francisco for a long time. great find.