“simple”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davis Street
Reviewed 26 September 2012

simple and rustic... empty tables during dinner time should of been my first hint. The food and service was good, but I think I can cook some chicken and beans for less than what they charge.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and had read positive reviews about Petite Syrah, so he made a reservation. It was a Tuesday night on the later side (we had just gotten into town a few hours prior) so I guess we didn't need the reservation. When we arrived there was only one other couple in the restaurant and they were just finishing up, so basically we were the only ones in the restaurant for our entire meal. I did feel a little uncomfortable with that at first because it feels like you are keeping all of the restaurant staff there just for you, but there was really nothing we could do and we didn't linger for an exceptionally long time. Our waiter was friendly and the service was prompt (how could it not be, only one table :) ) The food was delicious. My husband had the pork which was served with grilled peaches and I had the corn and truffle risotto. We had a nice bottle of Pinot that complimented the food just right. We skipped dessert because we were going to head somewhere else after. Overall it was a delicious meal with great service.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Food was very good here. However, our server had an attitude that was a turn off. The bus person however made up for it and was very friendly and got us what we needed. Zero menu for kids and tiny portions for adults (and I'm not a huge eater) made this a place we will not return. DIning in the hallway outside is awkward. Very overrated place.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very good food. Nice wine list. It was quiet the night we went but still enjoyed it. Phenomenal beet salad. Another review says that it is closing and reopening under same ownership. I'm sure it will be just as good.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Middle of September 2012, Petite Syrah will close. After few days it will reopen as "3 square cafe" under the same ownership.
Opwn breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday to Sunday.
I will report after opening.