“Third St. Aleworks Saved the Day”

Third Street Aleworks
Reserve with OpenTable
Third Street Aleworks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Napa, California
“Third St. Aleworks Saved the Day”
Reviewed 26 November 2008

After an evening of Christmas shopping we were desperate for dinner at 9:30. Most places were either closed or closing, and we didn't want fast food. To our relief, 3rd St. Aleworks' sign proclaimed open until midnight. This is a micro-brewery right on courthouse square, with very good food. I had a "black and bleu" burger which was too big for my mouth, and loaded generously with stuff. We also had fish and chips (they make their own potato chips, which melt in your mouth), and a side of chili. My micro-brewed beer was very good (the medium one, I forget the name), and my wife had a nicely flavored root beer that they make. We ate too much for about $35, including drinks. Atmosphere is very boisterous, with people noisily playing pool upstairs (sounded more like a shouting match, but we didn't mind). This was actually our second time here, and we were glad to find it again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Two $ Tuesdays are the best”
Reviewed 11 November 2008

Two $ Tuesdays are the best

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I used to LOVE this place. Now it is okay. Great beer. Good food. Okay prices. Nice and loud which is great with a...”
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I used to LOVE this place. Now it is okay. Great beer. Good food. Okay prices. Nice and loud which is great with a 3 year old.

Santa Rosa
“What a shame”
Reviewed 22 June 2008

This place has a great location, and great atmosphere, and a lively young crowd. Too bad the food that comes out of the kitchen is so substandard. I'm a local who has ended up at the Aleworks from time to time, and more than once I've walked out at the end of a meal swearing never to set foot in the place again. Once I had a BLT and the bacon was so overcooked it was like eating a sandwich full of plastic poker chips. Another time I got a plate of nachos with a huge hair atop it. By virtue of its location, I think, the place is always busy. So maybe that's the reason they don't feel the need to control the quality of what they serve. I get the feeling that the food is prepared by people who never stop to look at or taste what they are making.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“service is OK, food is OK, beer is OK”
Reviewed 17 April 2008