“Perfect food, Perfect service”
Review of Willi's Wine Bar - CLOSED

Willi's Wine Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mark West Springs
Description: A San Francisco Chronicle Bay Area Top 100 Restaurant for four years, Willi's Wine Bar's classic roadhouse appeal captures the casual, laid-back nature of Sonoma County Wine Country. Tourists and locals feel equally at home enjoying a quick bite or lingering over a glass of wine. The menu at Willi's features international small plates, some wildly inventive and others comfortingly familiar. Staff is eager to help create perfect pairings with wines from the extensive wine list, many by local producers. Most wines are available in twoounce tastes as well as by the glass or bottle..
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First night in wine country and my wife and I decided to try Willi's based on the great recommendation....we were Definitely Not disappointed. Our waiter, Ryan M, was outstanding. Right away he helped us pick out a great bottle of wine and gave us excellent recommendations on their menu. We had the goat cheese fritters, filet mignon sliders, ahi tuna tartar, and most of all....wait for it....chocolate chunk banana bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....OMG!!! If you get an opportunity to sit outside go for it. This restaurant is very cozy and romantic. So glad we came here to get our vacation started on the right foot.......earthquake what? Lol

1  Thank Oscar D

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've dined at Willi's many times over the years and never been disappointed. Classics are the ahi tuna tartare, oysters with cilantro mignonette, mac-n-cheese, fries, tunisian roasted local carrots, and pulled duck BBQ. Most recently, we also tried the moroccan style lamb chops, which were delicious. With a location in Sonoma County, Willi's has a tremendous wine offering, although not cheap. If the weather cooperates, reserve a table for outside on the patio. Overall, a fantastic spot for a dinner with friends or work colleagues, although bear in mind that Willi's is certainly not a value restaurant.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This place looks like a shack from the street, however, based on tripadvisor reviews, we went inside to give it a try. Thank goodness we did! This was the best food we ate during our whole trip to Sonoma.

The food is American bistro served tapas style. We had 7 people in our party and ordered 2 bottles of wine - being our total to $60 per person. I would suggest it as a splurge, and thought it was worth the price tag.

I had the Maine lobster creamed corn and the duck liver mouse with black cherry moustarda. I loved them both!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

If you love tapas, you'll love Willi's! Every time we're in Santa Rosa, Willi's is our first dining experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We went to Willi's for our anniversary dinner after going to Safari West. OMG! Out of the 8 items in our bill, we loved 7 of them!

1) Bordeaux Wine Flight ($19) We love wine flights because it's an affordable way to try different wines.
2) Dungeness Crab Flatbread, Baby Artichoke "Lardons", Bellweather Farms Crescenza Cheese ($12). I had second thoughts about ordering this because I thought it was too heavy in carbs; it wasn't. It's just like a really good pizza. It's even my favorite of all we ordered!
3) Scallop Dumplings, Pea Shoots, Pancetta, Sherry Vinegar Butter ($13). Probably the best scallop dumplings I'll ever taste in my life.
4) Goat Cheese Gnocchi, Exotic Mushrooms, Black Truffle Fonduta, Herb Salad ($11). I was never a fan of gnocchi, but Willi's sure turned me into one! My husband was initially disappointed when it was served because he was expecting a salad with lots of greens. But one bite was all it took to bring him to food nirvana.
5) "Mu Shu Bacon" Chive and shiso crepes, hoisin bbq sauce ($11). Very interesting mu shu interpretation; i liked it! After all, you can't go wrong with bacon :)
6) Willi's Truffled French Fries with Truffle Aioli ($9). So addicting, but I would have preferred thinner, crispier cuts and some truffle shavings. It's the second best truffle fries I've tasted (First place goes to Irving St. Kitchen in Portland, OR).
7) Filet Mignon Sliders, Creamed Spinach, Whole Grain Mustard Bernaise ($16). This was the most expensive food item we ordered, but it was my least favorite. I thought it a tad pretentious; ground beef would have sufficed.
8) Five Spice Beignet with chocolate sauce ($8.50) Perfect end to a near perfect meal!

Every small plate was well thought out -- visually appealing and palate pleasing. I can't believe we were able to enjoy divine dishes at such reasonable prices.

The only downside was we had to wait forever for our bill, but our server was apologetic so I'll let it slide.

1  Thank Fuchsiapower