“Tried and true, I love you, Jhanthong Banbua,”
Review of Jhanthong Banbua

Jhanthong Banbua
Ranked #55 of 535 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Thai
Santa Rosa, California
“Tried and true, I love you, Jhanthong Banbua,”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I have been eating here for years!!!! I love the food, and love the choices with the lunch specials. One of the staff, I pronounce her name Naun, is the best. Friendly, great service, a smile and humor. I will continue to enjoy the food here as often as I can. Always delicious, fresh and fine even if you are on a working lunch schedule!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Morcella

Ukiah, California
“Authentic tasting, lots of choices, fresh not frozen or canned!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have been to Thailand a couple times so I am kinda spoiled when it comes to Thai food. I really appreciate the use of at least some of the many indigenous Thai spices & herbs, fresh greens & other fresh veggies, & choice of coconut milk or curry w/I coconut milk. I am vegetarian; 2 of the 3 dishes we ordered were delicious: red curry w/coconut milk & veggies/tofu w/peanut sauce. Very nice spectrum of flavors.
The veggie pad thai was a bit bland however & not at all reminiscent of the street vendor pad thai--no cabbage or bean sprouts mixed in (some supplied on the side I think). Overall tho the 3 of us at my table were pleased

• Visited January 2014
Beacon, New York
“Not so much.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is an interesting place but we really weren't happy with the food. Weirdly spiced, slimy rice noodles and the rest of the food was "meh." On top of this, the music they played was a little worse than elevator music which made the whole experience less than fun.

• Visited October 2013
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Too oily for me....”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

When I think of Thai food I don't usually think of grease bombs. But, unfortunately, my food came out a bit too oily for me...Which was too bad, I was really looking forward to a new Thai place in town!

Visited October 2012
Northern California
“Our Regular Thai Place”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We've been going to this place for about 20 years--since it first opened, as a matter of fact. it's changed hands a couple of times I think, but the food has remained great. They have nice lunch specials, and the dinners are always good. My fave for many years has been a noodle dish called Kanom Jean Nam Pik, Thai rice noodles with tiny shrimp, sliced green beans, hard boiled egg and greens, covered with a lightly spicy peanut sauce. Delicious! Oddly, the restaurant is set at the front end of a residential motel complex; be careful to park only in restaurant spots. Friends and coworkers and I have had lunches, dinners and even birthday and retirement events here, always leaving with smiles on our faces. Jhanthong Banbua is a treasure! Oh--They'll do take-out, too.

• Visited June 2013