“Fantastic Pad Thai!”

Jhanthong Banbua
Ranked #50 of 543 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stopped by here upon arriving in town. We were craving some noodles and took a stab in the dark. What a pleasant surprise! We had an amazing appetizer with toasted coconut, dried shrimp, ginger, lime, and peanut. They were an amazing combination of flavors! Who knew? The Pad Thai was so good, we considered grabbing some to go the next day!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Parking is occasionally a problem, but one can always find a space if willing to park behind the restaurant and walk around. The restaurant building is painted a bright color and is sort of nestled in the front of a motel which seems to have full-time occupants. The restaurant is clean and decorated in Thai style. The wait staff is very friendly and efficient. The food is wonderful -- very fresh, spicy or not so much depending upon your preference. Sometimes we simply order a multitude of appetizers, because they are all delicious, and skip the entrée. We’ve been eating here for years as have a number of people who drive from as far as San Francisco for this food. We always end up eating off one another’s plates because everything is simply delicious! My daughter loves the curries, my granddaughters love the satay and sticky rice, and I am particularly fond of their lettuce wraps and house salad. You cannot go wrong here if you enjoy Thai food.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been eating here for years!!!! I love the food, and love the choices with the lunch specials. One of the staff, I pronounce her name Naun, is the best. Friendly, great service, a smile and humor. I will continue to enjoy the food here as often as I can. Always delicious, fresh and fine even if you are on a working lunch schedule!

1  Thank Morcella
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have been to Thailand a couple times so I am kinda spoiled when it comes to Thai food. I really appreciate the use of at least some of the many indigenous Thai spices & herbs, fresh greens & other fresh veggies, & choice of coconut milk or curry w/I coconut milk. I am vegetarian; 2 of the 3 dishes we ordered were delicious: red curry w/coconut milk & veggies/tofu w/peanut sauce. Very nice spectrum of flavors.
The veggie pad thai was a bit bland however & not at all reminiscent of the street vendor pad thai--no cabbage or bean sprouts mixed in (some supplied on the side I think). Overall tho the 3 of us at my table were pleased

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is an interesting place but we really weren't happy with the food. Weirdly spiced, slimy rice noodles and the rest of the food was "meh." On top of this, the music they played was a little worse than elevator music which made the whole experience less than fun.