“Best winery tour advice ever”

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This was a perfect location for touring the Sonoma wineries. The consierge gave us tips, coupons, and right on advice. The hotel was lovely all the way around and had a very decent restaurant for our late arrival. I was hesitant to stay here, but we were so glad we stayed. Can't imagine a better stay for late arrival and touring Sonoma. It's a very nice Hyatt property. I don't know the rate since we used points, but it is a really good place in a lovely town.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We have just left this hotel and it as overall very nice. Comfortable rooms, great service. I would highly reccomend it and the lovely town of Santa Rosa is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

It was very difficult to find a parking space then we went to book in. The desk staff were very courteous and helpful. Our room was clean and sumptuous. However one thing spoiled it. There were bottles of water placed ready for us BUT the sign next to it stated please use this bottled water. If you choose to use them they will be charged to your room at "x" dollars per bottle. I was disgusted. Why not just leave them in the mini bar where people expect to be charged. The on site brasserie was quite full and very expensive so we went in search of other restaurants. Just a 2 minute walk away we found a street full of eateries. We were able to access free wi fi on the streets of Santa Rosa but not in the hotel - what a rip off. We returned ready for sleep but there appeared to be a party taking place in the room next to ours. They finally shut up just before 2am. This was the first time we'd been kept awake by inconsiderate guests. Overall the hotel was very good but the noisy guests, expensive restaurant and lack of free wi fi brought it down.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ilovetouring
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Property is across the street from the historic Railroad district and near the freeway. As is typical with Hyatts, it is very well maintained with every detail looked after. The room is spacious, bathroom is clean and well appointed, and the bed is extra comfy. The service is pleasant, attentive, and personal without being obtrusive or overbearing. Hyatt properties are full service and full price, but well worth the cost. We had a very nice stay and will return.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank CA_KDM
Reviewed 5 August 2011

With my family of four, we stayed in a 2 queen bed room over looking the pool. Breakfast for two was included with the AAA rate, which we found was a great idea since breakfast was very expensive. Rooms were good size and serviced well. Hotel was centrally located for what we did... visiting Armstrong redwood national park (30 min. drive) as well as the winery's.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

There are many things to like about this hotel: very nice rooms, proximity to shopping, downtown Santa Rosa and Railroad Square. BUT. I was visiting the Hyatt for a business conference, and was excited to be staying at such a nice hotel. I got to my room, admired it, noticed the $4.00 bottle of water and laughed. I plugged in my laptop and tried to access the Internet, but was stopped short by the screen that said it was going to cost me $9.95! What? I called the front desk, figuring this had to be a mistake, but it wasn't. $9.95 a day. For Internet access. I decided to just use my phone instead. I heard from a friend also staying there that there was a charge to use the Internet in the business center as well, but I can't confirm that. It's hard to believe that a hotel with the class of the Hyatt would charge their customers for Internet access. Next time I book a room, I will be extra sure to check to see if Internet access is free.
By the way, there is a hotel very close to the Hyatt that does have free Internet in all their rooms. Wish I'd paid more attention.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in July while attending a sales conference for work. It's about an hour and a half drive from the San Francisco airport and another 30-45 minutes to Napa Valley. I checked in about an hour early and they had no rooms available with a king size bed, so I took the two doubles. The staff at this hotel was excellent- always smiling and asking if you needed help. The hotel has 3 floors and my room was on the 2nd. I could definitely hear other guests, but it wasn't inconvenient at all. I was still able to sleep just fine. The hotel charges $9.95 for wireless internet per day. The room had a flat screen tv, desk area for working and adequate closet/drawer space. I got breakfast via room service one day and it arrived early and was hot. The french toast was very good and reasonably priced.

The meeting room was spacious and as usual, freezing! Definitely bring a jacket if you will be going to any meetings. The patio area was great for breakfast and lunch. The outside area in the back where we had cocktails and dinner was beautiful. It had water sculptures and very well kept grounds. The hotel is right on a main road, yet while we were out there, we barely heard any outside noise. The food was good. For those of you who love seafood, they served great oysters.

We went to our winery in Napa Valley one afternoon and it was amazing. There are hotels in the Napa area that were closer, but I suspect they couldn't hold all of our employees. If you are in the area, I highly recommend a winery tour!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business