There is nothing egregiously wrong with this hotel.
However, there is also no reason for it to charge the prices it does.
We stayed here for a friend's wedding. The location itself is nice, in the sense that it is right off the freeway and close to downtown Santa Rosa. But I assume most people head to this area for the wineries, and this hotel is not exactly close to any.
Our room was mediocre. Our ground flood room was somewhat small and faced the parking lot. When I say "faced the parking lot," I actually mean that our window was about 5 feet from parked cars. There was no minibar (or even a fridge), though there was an unmistakable void where one presumably used to be.
The king bed was actually quite uncomfortable. The bathroom door was a bizarre sliding contraption, which did not lock or even close fully.
In addition to the lackluster room attributes, the hotel charges $9.95 per day for basic internet access.
Other negatives included an unenthusiastic staff (lots of "not my problem" attitude), late room cleanings, and a dearth of seemingly standard amenities (e.g. miniscule hotel bar with limited hours, scarce laundry services, etc.).
On the plus side, the pool boasts a cafe/bar, which offers surprisingly decent cocktails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the romance and charm of a Tuscan villa at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Counrty. Relax in this convenient AAA Four Diamond award-winning hotel in beautiful Santa Rosa, California with first-class amenities and exceptional service. This Mediterranean style hotel in Santa Rosa is just a short drive from 200 Sonoma County wineries, the gorgeous Pacific Coast, Napa Valley and the Sonoma County Airport. Stroll to a myriad of shops, restaurants and cultural attractions in Santa Rosa, just minutes from the hotel. Meander through our lush grounds framed in aromatic lavender, wisteria and roses.Dine alfresco, at the Brasserie restaurant, or sip wine by our cozy fire pit. No matter what brings you to the Sonoma Valley area, you'll find our gracious Hyatt hotel is your home in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA