“Unprofessional staff, rude, and extremely judgmental. Change my thoughts on staying at Hyatt at all!!!”

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I called the hotel and asked if they had availiblily. Front deck said yes they had rooms, and they were slow..We were driving from Sonoma so we didnt reserve instead just walked in. When we got there the man working front deck gave us a very negitive look and quickly said they were sold out! NOT THE CASE! I felt very sure he look at me and decided he didn't want to sell a room based on the color of my skin..Maybe my clothing. ( short sleave button up with lite color trousers).. I called the 800 number and the reservation line said they had availiblily. I felt so humiliated!! I told her about what happened! Then the front desk called me and apologies insincerely, offering discounts. I don't need to be treated this way. How dare the front desk staff discriminate against me like this! I've stay in W hotels, westin, Hilton's, crown plazas, and never seen anything like this. Hyatt has lost my business forever. I'd stay at a rodeway hotel before a Hyatt now. (Never have before) DONT GO HERE! Racist & pretentious ! Courtyard by Marriott, right across the road was cheaper and incredibly nice staff. Stayed there next night.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Skycitynem
Martijn S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Skycitynem,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the service shortcomings you experienced. The Hyatt as a company and the hyatt Vineyard Creek as a hotel do not allow differentiation in treatments of our guests and I can assure you that I am investigating the issues mentioned in your feedback. I would like to be able to discuss this matter with you at your convenience. Please contact me directly at 707-636-8150

Martijn Sax

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We used this as a base to see the area, so we visited Bodega Bay, Sonoma, and Napa. The front desk staff was courteous, and provided a corkscrew and chilling for wines that we purchased. We liked the area, and walked to dinner--the restaurants in the area were great. I had read reviews which talked about homeless people, but I didn't see any. There was a mission in the area, but we felt safe on evening walks in the area. We had treatments at the spa and enjoyed the service there. The pool area was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel in general is decent, but their room description on the website is misleading, I stayed in the 2 queen beds executive suite, which suppose to have the jetted spa tub per their website room description, but disappointed to find no jetted spa in the room. Front desk told me they only have partial suites have jetted spa, be careful so you will not be disappointed if you expect to enjoy the spa in room.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2 queen beds suite they do not have jetted spa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We visit this part of Santa Rosa every year for the county fair and the hotel we always stay at was booked. The Hyatt had rooms so we booked our stay there and couldn't of made a better choice. This is an establishment that trains their staff well and we felt so pampered our entire stay there. Service couldn't of been any better, each and every staff member go out of their way to accommodate their guests. We booked a patio king ($199.00 a night) with a AAA complimentary full breakfast in their restaurant, delicious! We had bought some wines and they delivered a little refrigerator to our room promptly with wine glasses. The patio king room is huge and was right outside the pool area ( a little noisy with screaming kids), so keep that in mind if you like quiet. This was our first stay at a Hyatt so we were very satisfied, driving home we felt like we were just "high" on this wonderful place that made our little getaway even more special. Thanks to all the staff and we will see you next year again for sure, if not sooner.

Room Tip: We had a patio king right outside the pool area, a little loud with kids. Choose something away fro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

One of the best things about this hotel is the bike and walking path outside the back of the property. As the name suggests the trail is along a creek which runs both ways from the back of the hotel. Quite pretty and a nice place to walk. The hotel is up to the standard of Hyatt with nothing particularly above and beyond what one would expect from that chain. The dining room is entered from outside the hotel which is no problem in good weather and the food and service are what one would expect from Hyatt. The location is good just a block away from the "old town" section with a couple square blocks of shopping, bars and other restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Fabulous hotel! No complaints. Shane did a wonderful job at check in and recommended great restaurants in the area. I love the firepit and lounge area behind the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the location is fantastic. I would stay here again. It is a wonderful hotel for a business travelers as well as vacationers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Vineyard in July for 4 nights while in town for a wedding. I chose not to rent a car which was no problem as it sits on the south side of downtown Santa Rosa, we walked to bars, restaurants and the mall. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. There were several wedding parties there but I was glad that we got a great nights sleep every night (no noise from the hallways). Didn't go to the spa but spent a few hours each day at the pool with the kids. Would gladly come here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family