Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$204
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$150
US$261
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$144
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$193
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
US$118
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$238
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)
1,162 results
All reviewsfire pitvineyard creekwine countrynice hotelrailroad squarefront desk staffhotel restaurantbit datedbed was very comfortablesan franciscoshort driverussian rivermarcobrasserielobbycourtyardryan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We picked Santa Rosa because of its central position in Sonoma county. We weren't a long drive from anything, coast to redwoods to Sonoma valley. Just as good was this location in relation to rest of Santa Rosa. You can walk to Railroad Square and downtown Santa Rosa with great ease. Anything you could possibly want to eat can be found in these areas (Indian, Thai, sushi, etc.). Hotel has a decent fitness center to burn off some of the excess wine calories, and a very good restaurant. Only complaints: (1) the room did not come standard with fridge, but the staff immediately remedied that by providing one; (2) the floor in the bathroom was really dirty (as if it hadn't been mopped in a long time, if ever), but, again, when we raised this issue with the staff, they took care of it. The floor was sparkling. What the hotel lacks in luxury is made up for in hospitality.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We recently stayed at this Hyatt. When i compare this hotel to another Hyatt we stayed later during our vacation, it was just okay. Service was okay. The room was clean, but showers did not work very well. Very little pressure. Location is just off of Route 101, so you can hear the highway noise if you leave window open.

I do not recommend the affiliated restaurant. It was terrible. See separate review.

Room Tip: As for a room away from highway side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is a beautiful property situated just off the freeway, walking distance to Railroad Square shops and restaurants. Staff was terrific; I had booked a King room, but was given a Queen. We came back downstairs and asked for the King that I had reserved. At first they cited the small print that says they will 'try' to accommodate the request for a King. I let it be known that I was not happy, and the Manager graciously changed our room to a King. We were completely satisfied with the room. People...when you book a certain room on line through a third party like Hotels.com or Expedia, call the hotel to see if that room is really available. It will save a lot of angst that could ruin your vacation. There is a restaurant adjacent, but the food is quite pricey and not that great.

Room Tip: Try breakfast elsewhere. The attached restaurant is mediocre at best and a little pricey.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for one night during a guitar festival in Santa Rosa that was centered in this hotel. Accordingly, my experience was limited and perhaps a bit idiosyncratic. But in any case, I have no complaints about the hotel.

As a Hyatt Diamond member I was upgraded to a rather large and comfortable room. I had no problems with the service at the hotel, although my needs in this regard were limited. The hotel is both substantially more comfortable than, and more expensive than, the Marriott across the street. It is a bit difficult though to determine which is the better value.
There is a barebones restaurant on the premises, but little else (e.g., no convenience shop, and so forth). I didn't have a chance to determine whether there is a gym, or, assuming there is one, its quality.

To clarify my rating of "excellent," in a way this is a default rating. I did not find anything objectionable at the hotel, enjoyed my stay at least enough, and believe this is probably one of the better options in Santa Rosa, assuming it is within one's budget. On the other hand, it is basically a small-town hotel, and if transported (hypothetically of course!) to a place like San Francisco or some other big city, would deserve a lower rating given what would be its competition there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Booked this hotel months ago for a trip to wine country. Found the hotel to be clean and staff very helpful. The entire grounds were very well kept. Didn't eat at the restaurant. Very centrally located for all of our day trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple