“Good Hotel in Sonoma Region”

Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Los Angeles, California
“Good Hotel in Sonoma Region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited Napa on our last wine country trip and decided to check out Sonoma County this time around. This Hyatt is a mid-level hotel in terms of amenities and accommodations but we knew that when booking. The best part of the hotel was the knowledgable concierge staff. They mapped out our wine tours and were really helpful in their suggestions!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
dasb3ar-

Thank you for staying with us! Ryan our concierge is very knowledgeable and happy to assist with not only an itinerary but tasting passes as well. I am happy to see you took advantage of his insights! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel are the personnel and the location. Everybody who works there makes sure your stay is trouble-free and relaxing. I had a strong sense that there is great leadership involved here in guest services. Attention is outstanding and everything is sparkling clean. The beds were comfortable, though the pillows were small and not fluffy. The Lobby is spacious and welcoming, and the gardens very nice as well. You can easily walk to great restaurants, shops and outdoor spaces. The front desk was very gracious about giving us an early check-in and a late checkout. So appreciated! Plus, one of the desk staff recommended an excellent shuttle service, very reasonably priced, who chauffeured our group of 8 around the city: Gary at Reliant Shuttle – (707) 843-6309 .
Downside: There were four of us staying in a room with two queen beds, and there wasn't much space for our four suitcases or for moving around. The bathroom was small and all in one space, so if someone was brushing their teeth, you couldn't take a shower or dry your hair. Plus the bathroom pocket door would not stay shut, so privacy was compromised. There was a wall mirror near the entrance, but no outlet near it, or surface for putting down cosmetics or brushes. I had to sit on the floor to put on my makeup. I think the room is overpriced given its size and bathroom set up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
tfobmtz-

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our suites do have larger bathrooms that will be more comfortable for four people. We look forward to seeing you again!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed two nights, as the Andaz Napa was fully booked for our 4 day weekend. The surrounding area we found to be great, the bars of Fourth Street were really hopping and the shopping was good fun.
But the hotel was a great disappointment. We booked a patio room facing the pool. The room had no compendium, no working TV and no working telephone. Engineering was called to fix all of these problems. In house wif fi was essentially non existant on the standard service and not reliable when we paid for a day.
On return to the room after a day of touring, we were told at 10pm that Room Service meals were not available and that the bistro kitchen was closed - on a Saturday night! There was no other food outlet in the immediate area. The night porter rustled up a few cookies and packets of crisps for us.
Having been promised a first night rebate by the Night Manager as a form of apology, was not suprised to find on check out that the offer was not actioned and not recorded anywhere.
We would not stay at this hotel again. They just don't have their act together. Its a great shame as the building is nice and quite attractive, The position could work for them. I think the management of property is in the hands of less experienced Hyatt personnel.

Room Tip: Make sure it all the room's technolgy works before you open a bag and get comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce C
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Bruce C-

Please accept my apology for the condition of the TV, telephone and compendium in your room at check in. I have reviewed the opportunities with my housekeeping team. As you stated these items should be in working order before you are checked in to your guest room. As the Front Office Manager I take full responsibility for the lack of communication between shifts. It is unacceptable that you were offered compensation that was not honored immediately. I am very disappointed to hear that you will not be back to our property. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please call me at your convenience (707) 636-7130.
South Pasadena, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've been to the Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa on several occasions the last 6 or so years and have never had a bad experience. I travel to Santa Rosa for business and once in awhile for wine tasting excursions with my friends and family.

The services is always good and the restaurant is decent, although I only have eaten there for Breakfast. During the evenings on business trips, I usually grab a drink at the Brasserie Bar because the bar in the lobby is usually closed. The bartenders are always friendly and are always down for a little chat.

The rooms are nice and good condition, however I think a little update is in order for them soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Jason J-

I am please to hear you continue to enjoy the time you spend with us at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek. We hope to see you again soon!

Marco Vincenti
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

To start with, I was initially surprised upon arrival. This is a large resort/hotel, with pool, spa, etc., not a small motel. The room charge on my bill upon checking out was $329 (more on that later), quite high for Santa Rosa. At the entrance, there was no one at the door to let us know where to park, assist with luggage, etc. Just nothing. After entering and waiting for quite a while to check in, I had to ask the desk clerk about parking and luggage. I said we had a lot of luggage, so one of the clerks brought out a luggage cart. We had no help from anyone in loading it, although the clerk ran out to advise us that we were steering it improperly. We went down a very narrow hall into an elevator which was hardly big enough for the cart, let alone any people. When we arrived at our room, it was one big huge room with a closet that was the tiniest I've seen in a hotel room. We had to take out all of the hangers just to get a few clothes hung up - we had to leave most of them in the suitcases. There was no ironing board or shower cap, although there was an iron and a hair dryer. The room was clean, but rather shabby with what looked like a wine stain on the carpet and scratched and worn wooden furniture. The next morning we went for breakfast to the restaurant which was so lovingly described in the last review. We weren't waited on for 15 minutes; the server apologized, but the experience was certainly irritating. Also, my husband's poached eggs and the eggs on my Eggs Benedict were both overcooked and ruined both dishes. My husband suggested that we go somewhere else for breakfast the next day, although we tried it again due to convenience. When we returned that evening from a winemaker dinner, there was absolutely nowhere to park in the entire huge parking lot - and it was only 9:30! The hotel should at least make sure that there is an area reserved for overnight guests. They finally had to let us park in the 15-minute registration parking slot. The final insult was at checkout, when my $259-confirmed room was presented as a $329 room on the bill. Fortunately, I had kept my printed confirmation, so the clerk proceed to deduct the overage. By then, we were already running late, so I took the new bill and shoved it in my purse. Imagine my surprise when I opened it later, and the bill (with the deductions) had a totally different name on it for someone in a completely different room! I finally was able to straighten this out after we were home, but this weekend was a continuing story of unpleasant surprises. And I am a Gold Passport member - who knows what would happen otherwise. In its favor, I will say that the room was kept very clean and that the front desk staff were very friendly, if bumbling.
Also, as I am a member of other hotel programs, such as Hilton and Starwood, they always provide a little treat for program members. It may range from only a bag of chips in the room at a low-priced facility, or breakfasts and drinks at a higher-level resort. This hotel provided absolutely nothing.
We were seriously considering staying at the Park Hyatt in the Maldives where we are traveling later this year. But after this treatment from Hyatt, I will certainly be considering the Hilton Conrad Rangeli or the One & Only Reethi Rah; both Hilton and One & Only have been exceptional hosts at their hotels and resorts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
60713Sharon-

Thank you for your comments. I am very disappointed to hear we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I have shared the multiple opportunities with the staff members involved to ensure we implement constructive measures to maintain the quality experience we are know for. Please call me at your convenience so we can discuss your stay. You can reach me at (707) 636-7139.

Marco Vincenti
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My typical business trip was transformed into a wonderful get away due to the excellent service, warmth, and truly wonderful cuisine at this Hilton. Who would have known? I talked extensively with Marco Vincenti, the front office manager, never knowing he was the manager at first with his engaging and enthusiastic personality. He helped recommend some after work destinations and restaurants (like Flavor, but that's another review). It's always hard to describe "just right" service. What's too much attention or trying too hard and what's not quite enough attention? Well, Marco and his staff know that combination. For instance, the personal service in the restaurant. Everyone was wonderful, but Jessica Johnson's service stood out. She was truly genuine in her approach and knew that fine line for "just right" service. I didn't want to leave and could have very well sat down to coffee and chatted the day away with her. A rare, if ever, occurrence for business travel. But, when you are away from home on business, it's so refreshing to connect with people and feel uber comfortable. I could hear the chef in the background confirming my order, which was unusually specific to my dietary needs, and they acted, rather sounded so enthusiastic, like they had just been commissioned to create an art piece. And my meal was just that. The fresh vegetables tasted just that, fresh; there's just no mistaking excellent produce. The egg whites were fluffy cloud pillow like and I never felt deprived of the foods I rarely eat but covet like waffles and pancakes and other like carbohydrates. You WANT to eat their food, especially the "healthy" stuff because it's just so delectable. Go somewhere off campus to eat while staying here? Why? This is not your typical hotel extra-expensive-because- you-are-trapped-in-business-meetings fare. This is a destination restaurant. And completely reasonable prices, too. Seriously. Where else can you find organic, never fed hormones or antibiotics chicken, moist inside and grilled to perfection outside with little hills of blackened edges, along with your choices of delicious gourmet sauces (I had something smokey and rich-forgot the name) and two freshest ever sides (I chose Swiss chard and Rainbow carrots)----for $12???? Thank you Marco, Jessica, chef, and other staff for your gracious and genuine service and accommodations!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
PubRelGal-

Thank you for the kind words. We really enjoyed hosting you and your colleges. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the service we strive to deliver! I will share this with JJ and the kitchen staff. It was a pleasure to meet you, I am sure we will see you again!
derezago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this property in March with my friend and our kids (3 children 4 - 6 years old). This feels more like a business trip sleepover hotel than a vacation property. Definitely not family friendly. There were no balconies in our rooms even though we specifically requested to have rooms with balconies. There were no child friendly channels on the TVs. No free wi-fi so we could not turn any cartoons for them on our iPads either. Pool was not heated. And you could not make s'mores on the fire in their fire pit because we were told it was forbidden, the fire pit is for purely decorating purposes only. And the location is not that great for kid friendly destinations either. It's 40 min drive at least except for Safari West which is around 20 min. We went to Safari West, Sonoma Train Town, Marin French Cheese factory and Pt Reyes beach. It was a great trip, but I would not stay at this hotel with kids again. For the price that they charge for the rooms here you can get a much nicer kid friendlier place with a heated pool and everything else. Plus, the walls were so thin, I could hear people leaving their rooms at 7 am like they were banging the doors on my head.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room close to the exits, you will be able to hear that door every time someone open...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
derezago-

I am sorry to hear we did not provide the kid friendly experience you were expecting. As a father I understand that happy kids make happy parents. I am happy to report that we are currently working on a contract with an HD cable television provider that will provide all of our hotel rooms with Nickelodeon and multiple Disney channels. While we do not have balcony rooms at our property but we do have rooms with patios, many of which overlook the the pool. During the summer these rooms are very popular. The pool is heated year round to 78 degrees, I will share your experience with my engineering team to ensure the temperature is checked daily. If you would like to discuss your stay please call me at your convenience (707) 636-7139. I would love to have the opportunity to have your family back.