“Wonderful!”

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in Santa Rosa to celebrate our 41st anniversary. The staff was absolutely wonderful -- every member of the staff we were in contact with went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Thank you to all! Beautiful hotel, great room, within walking distance to downtown Santa Rosa. Very nice patio with firepit, good gym. Would recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

fandstraveling-

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us!!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in early May and was impressed. The receiptionist was very friendly and recommended places near by for dinner and drinks. The room was good with a big comfy bed. The courtyard area was lovely espicially when sitting with a glass of wine from the Friday night tasting. I also used the pool area which was very nice. Breakfast in th hotel was very good. Would recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregor H

Gregor H-
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and recommendations. We hope to see you in wine country again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited Napa on our last wine country trip and decided to check out Sonoma County this time around. This Hyatt is a mid-level hotel in terms of amenities and accommodations but we knew that when booking. The best part of the hotel was the knowledgable concierge staff. They mapped out our wine tours and were really helpful in their suggestions!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

dasb3ar-

Thank you for staying with us! Ryan our concierge is very knowledgeable and happy to assist with not only an itinerary but tasting passes as well. I am happy to see you took advantage of his insights! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel are the personnel and the location. Everybody who works there makes sure your stay is trouble-free and relaxing. I had a strong sense that there is great leadership involved here in guest services. Attention is outstanding and everything is sparkling clean. The beds were comfortable, though the pillows were small and not fluffy. The Lobby is spacious and welcoming, and the gardens very nice as well. You can easily walk to great restaurants, shops and outdoor spaces. The front desk was very gracious about giving us an early check-in and a late checkout. So appreciated! Plus, one of the desk staff recommended an excellent shuttle service, very reasonably priced, who chauffeured our group of 8 around the city: Gary at Reliant Shuttle – (707) 843-6309 .
Downside: There were four of us staying in a room with two queen beds, and there wasn't much space for our four suitcases or for moving around. The bathroom was small and all in one space, so if someone was brushing their teeth, you couldn't take a shower or dry your hair. Plus the bathroom pocket door would not stay shut, so privacy was compromised. There was a wall mirror near the entrance, but no outlet near it, or surface for putting down cosmetics or brushes. I had to sit on the floor to put on my makeup. I think the room is overpriced given its size and bathroom set up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

tfobmtz-

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our suites do have larger bathrooms that will be more comfortable for four people. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed two nights, as the Andaz Napa was fully booked for our 4 day weekend. The surrounding area we found to be great, the bars of Fourth Street were really hopping and the shopping was good fun.
But the hotel was a great disappointment. We booked a patio room facing the pool. The room had no compendium, no working TV and no working telephone. Engineering was called to fix all of these problems. In house wif fi was essentially non existant on the standard service and not reliable when we paid for a day.
On return to the room after a day of touring, we were told at 10pm that Room Service meals were not available and that the bistro kitchen was closed - on a Saturday night! There was no other food outlet in the immediate area. The night porter rustled up a few cookies and packets of crisps for us.
Having been promised a first night rebate by the Night Manager as a form of apology, was not suprised to find on check out that the offer was not actioned and not recorded anywhere.
We would not stay at this hotel again. They just don't have their act together. Its a great shame as the building is nice and quite attractive, The position could work for them. I think the management of property is in the hands of less experienced Hyatt personnel.

Room Tip: Make sure it all the room's technolgy works before you open a bag and get comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce C
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Bruce C-

Please accept my apology for the condition of the TV, telephone and compendium in your room at check in. I have reviewed the opportunities with my housekeeping team. As you stated these items should be in working order before you are checked in to your guest room. As the Front Office Manager I take full responsibility for the lack of communication between shifts. It is unacceptable that you were offered compensation that was not honored immediately. I am very disappointed to hear that you will not be back to our property. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please call me at your convenience (707) 636-7130.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've been to the Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa on several occasions the last 6 or so years and have never had a bad experience. I travel to Santa Rosa for business and once in awhile for wine tasting excursions with my friends and family.

The services is always good and the restaurant is decent, although I only have eaten there for Breakfast. During the evenings on business trips, I usually grab a drink at the Brasserie Bar because the bar in the lobby is usually closed. The bartenders are always friendly and are always down for a little chat.

The rooms are nice and good condition, however I think a little update is in order for them soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Marco_Vincenti_FOM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Jason J-

I am please to hear you continue to enjoy the time you spend with us at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek. We hope to see you again soon!

Marco Vincenti

Reviewed 8 May 2014

To start with, I was initially surprised upon arrival. This is a large resort/hotel, with pool, spa, etc., not a small motel. The room charge on my bill upon checking out was $329 (more on that later), quite high for Santa Rosa. At the entrance, there was no one at the door to let us know where to park, assist with luggage, etc. Just nothing. After entering and waiting for quite a while to check in, I had to ask the desk clerk about parking and luggage. I said we had a lot of luggage, so one of the clerks brought out a luggage cart. We had no help from anyone in loading it, although the clerk ran out to advise us that we were steering it improperly. We went down a very narrow hall into an elevator which was hardly big enough for the cart, let alone any people. When we arrived at our room, it was one big huge room with a closet that was the tiniest I've seen in a hotel room. We had to take out all of the hangers just to get a few clothes hung up - we had to leave most of them in the suitcases. There was no ironing board or shower cap, although there was an iron and a hair dryer. The room was clean, but rather shabby with what looked like a wine stain on the carpet and scratched and worn wooden furniture. The next morning we went for breakfast to the restaurant which was so lovingly described in the last review. We weren't waited on for 15 minutes; the server apologized, but the experience was certainly irritating. Also, my husband's poached eggs and the eggs on my Eggs Benedict were both overcooked and ruined both dishes. My husband suggested that we go somewhere else for breakfast the next day, although we tried it again due to convenience. When we returned that evening from a winemaker dinner, there was absolutely nowhere to park in the entire huge parking lot - and it was only 9:30! The hotel should at least make sure that there is an area reserved for overnight guests. They finally had to let us park in the 15-minute registration parking slot. The final insult was at checkout, when my $259-confirmed room was presented as a $329 room on the bill. Fortunately, I had kept my printed confirmation, so the clerk proceed to deduct the overage. By then, we were already running late, so I took the new bill and shoved it in my purse. Imagine my surprise when I opened it later, and the bill (with the deductions) had a totally different name on it for someone in a completely different room! I finally was able to straighten this out after we were home, but this weekend was a continuing story of unpleasant surprises. And I am a Gold Passport member - who knows what would happen otherwise. In its favor, I will say that the room was kept very clean and that the front desk staff were very friendly, if bumbling.
Also, as I am a member of other hotel programs, such as Hilton and Starwood, they always provide a little treat for program members. It may range from only a bag of chips in the room at a low-priced facility, or breakfasts and drinks at a higher-level resort. This hotel provided absolutely nothing.
We were seriously considering staying at the Park Hyatt in the Maldives where we are traveling later this year. But after this treatment from Hyatt, I will certainly be considering the Hilton Conrad Rangeli or the One & Only Reethi Rah; both Hilton and One & Only have been exceptional hosts at their hotels and resorts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

60713Sharon-

Thank you for your comments. I am very disappointed to hear we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. I have shared the multiple opportunities with the staff members involved to ensure we implement constructive measures to maintain the quality experience we are know for. Please call me at your convenience so we can discuss your stay. You can reach me at (707) 636-7139.

Marco Vincenti

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#5 of 24 in Santa Rosa
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!