Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
View Hotel
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)
The Astro(Santa Rosa)
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
View Hotel
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)
1,147 results
All reviewsfire pitvineyard creekwine countrynice hotelrailroad squarefront desk staffhotel restaurantbit datedbed was very comfortablesan franciscoshort driverussian rivermarcobrasserielobbycourtyardryan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is alongside the interstate, so considerable noise in that respect. Did not get the feel that the receptionists were genuinely willing to listen to guests it seemed to be more about them. Not up to the Hyatt standards. Short walk to restaurants was a postive aspect.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Can't believe how this hotel operates. We called and booked our room through the hotel directly. Asked for a room with 2 beds (3 adults and a 1 year old). Was told we would definitely get a room with two beds. Called the day before our arrival, to ask for a fridge in the room for our babies milk. Sure no problem. Well when we got to the hotel , they only had a room with 1 bed and no roll away beds. They were so rude and not helpful at all. They pretty much said they did not have room for us. It wasn't like I booked through a discount site. They pretty much put us out on the street!! Which is pretty stressful with a baby. They added that all the rooms with 2 beds were sold out when we made our reservation!!! Which was about a month prior. So do they book the rooms even though they are not available!! Luckily we found an adorable place that was able to get us a room with 2 beds that was amazing!!...Hotel La Rose...so much better than any Hyatt I have ever stayed at. I will never stay at a Hyatt again...very disappointing experience!!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pinklincolnchic
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had a lovely stay at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek. The room was very nice, spacious, and the bed was SUPER comfy with luxurious linens. All of the furniture in the room is elegant and functional. Everything you need in the room is there - with the exception of a frig and microwave. The bathroom is roomy and they supply nice toiletries. The Lobby bar was not open during our stay. The receptionist said we could either walk over to their restaurant or order room service. When we figured it would cost 8$ for a coors through room service, we decided to walk over to their restaurant and actually had a really nice time in their semi covered outdoor room in front of the fireplace. The staff at the restaurant was very friendly and super helpful in picking out a wine I'd enjoy. Back to the hotel... It was peaceful and in my taste, fancy! It was a treat that I really enjoyed. The pool and hot tub and nicely arranged and inviting. Enjoyed a night time soak. Had to pay for in room internet which I hate. I guess my only complaints would be: less then friendly night reception (the young man in the morning was very nice and friendly), no fridge in the room, and fee for wifi in the rooms. Other than that....had a fab time and would return.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek and Spa for two nights. It's a nice facility with a good pool and comfortable rooms, but the service is relentlessly substandard. Had I paid full price (instead of Hotwire), I'd be steamed.

Note that this review reflects the fact that we have two small children (3 and 5, so what's important to us might not be as important to couples or singles.

LOCATION
The location is excellent--a short walk to a number of restaurants in downtown Santa Rosa, and close to a park for the kids. It's a nice property, and you can't beat the location. So, this place has lots going for it. Yet....

ROOMS
The rooms are adequately appointed. The beds were good, the bathroom was clean but unspectacular. Noise was moderate, mostly coming from the courtyard partiers outside at night.

One significant oversight: No refrigerator/minibar in our room. It would be nice not to have to shlep a cooler around to store cold drinks for us and the kids. If you're trying to get people to purchase drinks at the pool or lobby bar instead of bringing their own, you'll have to actually OPEN the pool and lobby bars for this to happen. Just a thought.

FACILITIES
The facilities are reasonably nice. The pool area is comfortable and since our kids are obsessed with the water right now, we spent a fair amount of time there. Both the pool and jacuzzi were nice, although the pool could be a few degrees warmer. I didn't use the workout or business facilities, so I can't comment on them.

The pool area has an onsite bar/cafe; unfortunately, for the three days the we were there, it was open exactly zero (0) hours. If you're going to have a pool bar, open it. The weather was nice, people were at the pool, and we would have loved to have ordered a few margaritas. If you're a 4-star hotel, your pool bar is open. Really. We did have dinner at the pool one night, but had to order from room service (and pay the myriad service fees) to get it. (However, the guy who delivered the food was actually very helpful and made a couple extra trips for pitchers and a few other items. He was the lone example of good service.)

STAFF

Before I go on here, a note: I'm generally pretty easy on service staff, honestly. It's not an easy job, and a lot of people are jerks. I try not to be that jerk. Unfortunately, the service here really tried my patience:

Pool bar - Always closed

Lobby bar - Always closed

Restaurant - Glacial service. At one point we asked for silverware, and were informed by the guy we asked that "he didn't do that". Um, what? Really?

Restaurant bar - After walking all the way over from the pool, they acted like they were doing us a favor to serve us. (No, we weren't dripping wet or otherwise rude/unsightly.) They pegged my smarm-o-meter almost instantaneously.

As I've mentioned before about hotels in this area, these issues reflect what seems to be a larger overall issue: It's hard to find excellent staff in smaller tourist areas like Santa Rosa. Now, apparently, it's also difficult to find excellent management, because most of this issues here seem to be management-related.

SUMMARY
It's an ok hotel. If I get it again on Hotwire, I'll grin and bear it...and come prepared for a nice hotel with abysmal service. .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Great restaurants within walking distance. Many 3 blocks away. Easy access to Highway 101 to see vineyards or coast. We enjoyed our 3 days at the Hyatt. The staff is very helpful, the hotel was clean and the room was in excellent condition.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business