“So disappointed”

Cuisines: Pizza
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were big fans of Sandys over the past few years but the last two times we have been in to order our favorite wholesome veggie pizza, it has been terrible. The crust was hard, thin, and crunchy. We had them cook it. The toppings were less than half of what they have been in the past. We were so surprised and disappointed that we even took a photo of it. I decided to call the owner thinking he would appreciate the feedback. He was nice enough on the phone, apologized and offered a free pizza the next time. I thanked him and let him know how many people I have referred over the years. I went in tonight quite excited to try, once again, to order our favorite pizza. I asked for the owner, introduced myself, and asked if he wanted to see the photo. He replied no and told me I should get my pizza somewhere else because that's the way they make their pizzas. I was beyond shocked and asked if he was serious and really wanted to lose a customer. He replied "yes"! I left and called the people I know I have referred and asked them to please stop doing business there because customer service does not rate high on this owners list!!!

Visited November 2013

San Francisco, California
“Best Pizza in Santa Rosa”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Pizza at Sandy's is amazing. It is a hidden gem in Sonoma County. They have won numerous medals at the Harvest Fair. They offer gluten free pizza, whole wheat dough, white dough, and one of the best lunch deals in town. You get 2 LARGE slices of Pizza and a medium soft drink for only 6 bucks. I highly recommend getting Pizza here!

• Visited January 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Best pizza in Santa Rosa”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Been buying take home and bake pizza from them for over 20 years. The quality is always fantastic, fresh and when baked in your own oven, piping hot and delicious. Great buy for the money.

Visited September 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Good Pizza at a High Price”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Took home and baked a pizza to help support a local high school. Family liked it, but at $18.99 for a large two topping (when really only one side was two toppings) seemed high to me. Plus, they were pretty understaffed and took awhile to even get waited on. Pizza was good, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it, especially when there are so many other places in town that serve equally good take and bake. They will also cook it for you, but there really isn't any place decent to eat it, so it would just make sense to take it home and bake it. A couple of tall bistro tables in the overheated store or a couple of picnic tables outside, but that was it.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in Santa Rosa”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have been getting my pizza from Sandy's for 10 years now and I would never go anywhere else. The sauce is great, the cheese is great, the crust is great. The pizza rocks...and its way cheaper than most pizzeria's! We usually bake it at home but sometimes I have them bake it for me. We are never disappointed.

Visited May 2012