“good value for the area”
Review of North Bay Inn

North Bay Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Based on reviews and price we stayed here for 2 nights recently. The management was nice, room was clean, quiet, bed was comfy, easy access to street, breakfast was typical continental. During the summer this area is very expensive so we felt lucky to get our room for a decent price. This is definitely better than a Motel 6 since they give you breakfast, a fridge, microwave and free Wifi. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank astrowk
There are newer reviews for North Bay Inn

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Without TA, I wouldn't have seriously considered North Bay Inn, but I'm so glad I did. I stayed for one night for a weekend in Wine Country and was beyond pleased. As others have said, this is a traditional motel. There are no frills, but what you get is a very solid experience. I stayed in Room #120, which is a double room and it was fresh-smelling (non-smoking) and very spacious. I was very pleased with the roomy fridge and microwave in the room. The beds were very comfortable and it looked like the furniture and bedding were redone recently.

The location of this motel is excellent. A short drive from downtown Santa Rosa, there is a coffee shop across the street or Starbuck's if you prefer that. We ate at a very good vegan Thai Restaurant nearby. If you want to skip out on the continental breakfast (it's just danishes and coffee and instant oatmeal), go to the Community Market health food store next door and get fresh produce, yogurt, and lots of other goodies.

While not necessarily reasonable, the value for what you get cannot be beat in the very expensive Wine Country. I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank viajera511
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was in the area for a workshop. I wanted above all a quiet, CLEAN, secure place, located near Highway 101 (but not too close) and of course not expensive which is not easy in this area.

The North Bay Inn is a simple, traditional motel that met my requirements. The lady at the reception was really nice and that contributed to my feeling of security and well being. The room was spotless clean with every item in good order and well maintained. The bed is comfortable, the linen spotless clean, the shower is not the prickly flow but generous, the refrigerator is noiseless. There is a microwave.

I spent 2 nights and brought all my food for breakfast, the workshop and the evening dinner in the room. I give it top rating in its class. This is a place that is practical, affordable (given the area) and an excellent choice for my specific purpose.

The motel breakfast is minimal: a pot of coffee, hot water and tea bags, packaged industrial pastries. There is milk in the "staff only" fridge. Note that there is a Starbuck and a Peets coffe on Mendocino avenue towards Highway 101 past Steel Lane. Also the place is quiet as it seems that the people who come to this motel are well behaved.

The non-smoking rooms are truly non-smoking and fresh. As an incentive to keep them this way there is a penalty of $200 for those who smoke in a non-smoking room. You cannot go wrong if your priorities are similar to mine.

Room Tip: The AC is noisy so if it is hot bring airplugs...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tchanches
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Price was ridiculously high, and the verbiage about how well the place was appointed was very over the top. Clean, but not anything better than motel 6 for half the price. Staff was pleasant but certainly did not go out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This motel is very clean and fairly roomy if you need a place for a night or two. It is not luxurious at all. The TV is very confusing to even figure out how to change channels. It is a far walk (about 30 minutes) or a 5 minute drive to some nice restaurants in downtown Santa Rosa, including the popular Russian River brewing company. On our stay, it was fairly expensive for what it is, but we were in Santa Rosa on a popular weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2013

If you're looking for a nice, clean, comfortable, well priced room in Santa Rosa, this is a good place to stay. It was a nice sized room, had a very comfortable mattress, good TV reception, free wireless, a microwave and small refrigerator. The desk people were very nice.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the back, farther away from the road. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I decided on a last minute gettaway to the sonoma county area on a budget with out any room reservations. We looked at all the low priced motels looking to save money. We didnt feel safe with any of them including and especially Motel 6. We looked at The Double Tree and thought it was pricey for such a small room. The Best Western was also pricey concidering the beds were old, to firm and springy.
Our last ditch effort that saved us from the expensive Double Tree was The North Bay Inn. The lady at the front desk was Part owner with her husband, which could be seen working aournd the premisis as we spoke. She gladly let us look at a room. we like to be sure eveything worked. They Have satelite Tv with a reciever in every room. Which meens a nice picture and an active usable guide. The TV's were old school though. We stayed looking at the room longer than ussual and they called the room to ask if we were gong to take the room... I said were were just checking out the TV and had a hard time with the reciever. They were just staying on top of people who want to look at a room and "USE" the room while "JUST looking " at it. I was glad to see they stay on top of it and dont let it become a problem.
They stay was more than we expected. Close to shopping, restaurants, grocery and the college. Everything worked and was very pleased with all aspects of our stay at The North Bay Inn.

Room Tip: Only 20 rooms I suggest a room in the middle towards the back such as rooms 108-111 they are farthes...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple