“Cozy motel”
Review of North Bay Inn

North Bay Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We made tis reservation online while on a family road trip, most reviews stated the rooms were noisy, especially the truckers who use this motel to stay. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room was very clean and smoke free. Wifi was provided. We did hear the sound of trucks backing in at night but then we had a very restful nights sleep. Front desk person was very pleasant and friendly.

Near lots of restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 294lisay

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised by the accommodations, especially considering the good deal we got on hotels.com. We were greeted by one of the owners, who was extremely friendly, upbeat and gracious. Our room was quite large and very clean, with a brand-new flat screen wall-mounted HD TV (with Dish network - 100s of channels), brand new fridge and comfy bed. It felt more upscale than expected. All our interactions with the staff were great. We especially appreciated the location, with a vegetarian organic restaurant just next door, in a part of town not overtaken by malls. We'll return here for sure. Terrific value overall!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Velvet I
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Clean room, comfortable KS bed, HD tv, hardly any traffic noise b4 8am. Fridge & microwave - bring your own ceramic coffee cup for heating water for tea.

We were visiting the local Center for Spiritual Living Santa Rosa for Trisha's Ministerial graduation, so we did not need a pool or workout room. This place is convenient to freeways, she jogged thru the beautiful Junior college campus next door.

Recommend nearby grub where we dined:
Lunch & Dinner at Gaia - a vegetarian restaurant literally next door,
Breakfast at Lita's - 100yds north,
Joe's coffee - across the street - opens at 6am.

Thanks Bhati - and yes, we'll stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank WillJSanDiego
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. We were surprised to find a mini fridge, which was super quiet, and a microwave. My husband was able to refreeze the ice packs in the small freezer which was nice. The bed was comfortable. I turned the air conditioner off when we went to bed because it was a little noisy.
There were pastries, fruit, teas and coffee in the small lobby for breakfast. Overall, our stay was good.

Room Tip: The room furthest from the road was quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This darling motel is a retro of the 50's. The owners are very personable and gracious, they make you feel like family, unlike one of those uppity large corporate hotels.

It's located near a shopping mall that has CVS and other stores if you've forgotten anything, and there are great restaurants near by.

The whole experience is very positive and the rates are very fair.
Andriana Kazarian

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter. My husband and I are both big people, so we request a room with...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 203andriana
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I could not believe the size of my room! If you need/like a large room, I doubt you will find bigger. I did not pace it out but I guess 15 x 30. The site is five minutes to downtown Santa Rosa, right next to the nation's highest ranked J.C. My only beef is that they charged me more Than I thought I had arranged thru Expedia. My fault for not nailing it down when I changed the starting night. Zero complaints about the room and location.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Don't be fooled by the name or the picture of this place; it is neither an inn or an hotel. Instead it is a typical 1950's style motel. The price of $147/night is high for what is offered. The rooms are very basic but clean. An unpleasant surprise was that the walls are so thin that you can hear everything going on in the room next to you; at 4 am this is no fun. It is inconvenient if you want to go downtown, but is very close to the Junior College.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family