“Thai Surprise”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We didnt expect to find a good Thai restaurant in Santa Rosa and ate here because other places were full with Mothers Day diners. However we were glad we did as the food and service were great. As we are from Australia we are used to good Thai food and this was better than many restaurants I have tried in Australia and even some in Thailand! The decor is ok, the service good and they have 2 beers on tap and Thai bottled beer. Serving sizes are generous, so an appetiser and main course is plenty. The hot dished (chilli hot) do have a bit of a bite so if you do not like hot then order some of the less spicy dishes.

1  Thank HDONTOUR57
There are newer reviews for Khoom Lanna

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a good place to get quality Thai food. Nice location in the historic Railroad square. Ample seating. It was quite busy the night we went but we were seated promptly. Had the chicken satay, coconut shrimp and curry and noodles. Pretty happy with all the dishes. Overall, it was a good meal. Service was also OK.

1  Thank kst1
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Got the Thai chili basil with shrimp and Tom Kha soup. Pretty standard but good. Spicier than I expected. They didn't give me rice with the chili basil so I had to go back and order it separately which was disappointing. Whatever though, good food no complaints.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Khoom Lana is a good solid choice. It’s an attractive restaurant and seems to be well run. Service is good but unexceptional, as is the food - no better or worse than many other Thai restaurants. Lunchtime prices are quite reasonable.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We recently ate here 45 minutes before closing for lunch. I had the drunken noodles medium hot, which came with very fresh vegetables and to my surprise it really was medium. My husband had pumpkin curry - medium - very fresh and the pumpkin was cooked perfectly. Service was too rushed for me. The waitress kept coming back asking if we finished when we only had been eating for about 15 minutes or less. She tried to take one of our dishes away which we were not done with. Although the sign said open they turned 6 people away saying they were closing shortly. (One woman even asked if they could get take-out). They didn't ask if we wanted desert and didn't fill out water glasses. I'll go here again but will allow enough time to enjoy the meal and hope that this isn't their standard service.